25.) The Darkness of the Battlefield

"Sasuke." Naruto touches the shoulder of his friend. Sasuke only nods. The evil chakra is now sensed by everyone, sensor-type or not. Whatever it is, it's dangerously close.

Code at the top of his rock was starting to panic. Code's daughter was next to him, preparing a time-space portal to find Momoshiki and bring him back.

"Faster Ankoku, he's near!"

"Yes father."

Suddenly, kunais with certain marks strike the battlefield.

Saruto comes running towards the Allied Shinobi forces huddled up in one area, still fighting puppets and white zetsu.

Code looks down and grinds his teeth. He's here. Where is that idiot Zetsu?

Slashing puppets and white zetsus as he went from the mountainside onto the battlefield and towards the eighth Hokage, Saruto didn't stop. His katana hit dozens to hundreds of puppets and zetsus. He didn't miss a beat.

His eyes filled with the intricate pattern of his mangekyo sharingan and his body almost trembling with anger. At around halfway through the battlefield, Saruto got annoyed. He bites his finger and puts his hand to the ground.

"Summoning jutsu!" A burst of lightning and smoke and a big red snake with one working eye appears. "Garaga, I want to reach those people over there!" Boruto points to the Allied shinobi forces and Garaga proceeds. The usually loud and bossy snake didn't bother with this boy's energy at the moment. He knew there was an issue and he wasn't about to get involved with it.

The allied shinobi forces froze. He's the evil chakra. They watched timidly at the snake mowing past puppets and white zetsus, carrying a boy with a black chakra coat surrounding him.

Just before reaching the cowering group, Saruto jumps off of Garaga who then was dismissed from his orders. While he was riding the snake, he managed to activate his snake sage chakra. He was fast; Sasuke's sharingan could barely keep up with the boy's feet. Within a blink of an eye, he was in front of the eighth Hokage, holding a kunai to his neck.

All was silent.

"S-saruto." Konohamaru stutters.

"Give me one reason not to kill you, Lord eighth." Saruto says behind gritted teeth. His eyes showed the mangekyo sharingan with a slit like Kurama's eyes. Around his eyes were purple scales, tracing his eye shape like thick eyeliner. Behind Konohamaru, two figures showed up.

"Kakashi?" Obito says, surprised at the old man.

"Kakshi sensei, Kawaki." Naruto greets the two.

"Saruto, drop it." Kakashi says, taking hold of the kunai blade. Itachi and Sasuke look over the boy's eyes and give the same expression. This boy has mangekyou sharingan.

Tears spew from Saruto's eyes and he moves to wipe them away. Kawaki walks to touch the boy but Saruto took it as a sign of aggression and teleported to a kunai farther away. Minato's eyes widen.

"Flying raijin technique. This kid has it all, doesn't he?" The 2nd Hokage smirks but his smile fades away once he notices his eyes weren't normal.