Legacy and a New Generation

"We cannot forget those who died in the fifth great ninja war five years ago. It was such a violent war that more than half of us know at least one person who died. A lot of us are still suffering from injuries caused by the war but our country remains peaceful and those who died are our heroes." Sarada's voice boomed over the quiet crowd of people. 

Five years after the death of Saruto Hyuga and the great ninja war, the city is still being rebuilt. Although she is young, injuries due to the fifth great ninja war caused the ninth hokage be physically unable for the position. In her place is the ninth hokage's adoptive son, Kawaki. Isan, the ninth hokage's second child is now four years old and totally unaware of her hero brother. 

Growing up, like her father to her grandfather, Isan doesn't know the dangers and the struggles of the old world of war. She looks more like her mother and grandfather, Sasuke Uchiha, but with blond hair with a streak of black hair. 

"Will she never know, Boruto?" Sarada approaches her husband after the ceremony.

"It's for her safety. He was a hero but we carry his wishes and keep his sister out of war and emotional struggle. This is what Saruot would've wanted." Boruto explains, wiping Sarada's tears away. "It's hard but we cannot raise Isan as a shinobi. This is the future and this is how we protect the new generation."