40.) The Chunin Exams: the Written Test pt. 2

The groups were separated and scattered all around the classroom. Saruto looks over the paper. It was almost Jonin-level information but it was nothing Saruto couldn't answer. He quickly goes through his paper and puts it face down.

Saruto then puts his head down and sleeps. Before coming into the classroom, Saruto had put Minakami and Asuma in a subconscious genjutsu. It's a genjutsu he could activate whenever he wants for a long period of time. With this genjutsu, he can mimic the Yamanaka group's mind control jutsu—not in a full sense since it's not authentic—and can speak to Minakami and Asuma in their subconscious but not control them. Before entering the clasroom, he also marked the door frame with his flying raijin symbol just in case.

Saruto first communicates with Minakami, telling her what to write on the paper and leaving to go back to his own subconscious. His paper was turned over and in the hands of the person next to him, Hamako Kawasaki. Hamako froze when Saruto turned his head to him but Saruto ignores him and takes his paper back, putting it under his head. He then turns to sleep once more to talk to Asuma, telling him the answers to his questions.

"Saruto..." Asuma began, "what happened when I was gone?" Asuma didn't respond. "I heard stories and I don't want to assume anything against my best friend."

"Asuma... I thought you were dead. I did things I wasn't proud of and enemies took advantage of my emotions." Saruto admits.

"I mean whatever you did wasn't in complete vain... you got powerful enough to protect everyone." Asuma tries to laugh it out.

"—and also kill them—like I almost did to you. I threatened the five great nations and almost killed the eighth Hokage. I'm dangerous, Asuma."

"But like Minakami said, you were in a genjutsu. It wasn't your fault and you are not a danger. You're my friend."

"Thank you Asuma but the emotions were there. They weren't fake. Although they weren't as powerful, I still wanted to destroy the villages to find my parents and avenge your death." Saruto shudders.

"As long as I'm here, I won't let them get to you." Asuma promises. "Now let's go and beat these people and get that Chunin position."

"Yes sir!" Saruto says and goes back into his own subconscious. Saruto lifts his head from his desk to observe the other students. He knew it was going to be a long time until this test was over so he thought there would be no better time to know the opponents he could see. Most of his opponents were behind him but those in front gave him enough information on how these people handle pressure like tests they don't know the answers to.

Saruto was surrounded by a bunch of genins who were in such deep pressure that he was sure some of them were starting to shed tears instead of just sweat. He laid his head down on his paper and started to sleep.

———

I never thought anyone would ever had the gall to sleep on a test like this. Doshu Goetsu thinks, smiling to himself. Just what you expect from the smart child of Boruto Uzumaki and the grandson of the seventh Hokage.

———

"Pens down." Says Doshu, earning a few groans and swears. "I have one last question before we can determine who passes. If you do not answer this question correctly, you will forever be banned from becoming a Shinobi. I'm giving anyone a chance to back out now but if one person on the team decided to back out, all person would be removed. All those who choose to back out now, please do so." Doshu gathers papers and more than what should be a few raised their hands and four teams left the room. Doshu watched the teams leave with no emotion and turns to the classroom still full of eleven teams.

"What's the question?" A hidden rock shinobi asks shakingly.

"There is no questions. You all pass. Well I do have something up my sleeve...what is in ink?" Doshu says dully before the floor disappears and the students drop into a new hole in the ground full of ink. Without a thought, Saruto teleports him and his teammates on the flying raijin symbol on the door. Once the mark is there, it can never be removed unless by the person who made the mark. Saruto, Minakami, and Asuma watch over the hole to see four groups drop into the black ink. The remaining five find many ways to avoid the ink on the bottom.

"Those who didn't touch the ink get to move on the next stage of the Chunin exams. Congratulations." Doshu says as the five groups get out of the hole and onto safe grounds.

———

"How did he do, Doshu?" Kakashi asks the man grading papers at a desk across from the huge hole in the ground.

"Saruto Hyuga-Uzumaki?"

"Is that his official last name now?" Kakashi rubs his chin.

"No but he's still a Uchiha and Uzumaki more than he is a Hyuga so I figured I would call him that. Although grades obviously don't matter all that much in the written test, Saruto's grade was spectacular. Compared to his grandfather who hadn't even written one word, he got all the questions correct. I don't know how but he also managed to get his teammates' questions correct. The Nara kid is smart but not this smart." Doshu hands Kakashi the kid's paper. Kakashi's eyes widen and he laughs.

"Even I don't know the answers to this test... he's a genius." Kakashi says.

"No doubt... he would make a legendary shinobi."