11.) A Big Sleeping Creature

Saruto sighs and rubs his shoulders. The only cape he had wasn't enough for warmth in this cold night near the waters. He looked down at the scroll one more time and proceeded to jump from the top of the cliff onto the river.

Saruto only heard about them through books he read in the library. The last jinchuriki died of old age not too long ago and the tailed beast was released to be on his own.

The river was a wide and raging one. On the other side was the ruins of an old clan with a symbol on chunin and jonin jackets in the hidden leaf... the Uzumaki Clan.

At every step he took, Saruto lost more confidence. This was the creature who was known as a demon. With powerful chakra, it was always kept under strict watchful eyes and was always in a cage. Saruto stopped in an open field and found it: the demon fox who killed the fourth hokage and his wife

The nine-tailed beast slept with his head on his crossed hands. His nine tails slightly wrapped around his body for warmth but from the looks of it, nothing will disturb the precious sleep of this humongous creature. The nine-tails sighs very loudly but keeps his eyes closed.

Suddenly, Saruto was introduced to a different space where the floor was water and the room consisted of loose pipes and maze-like hallways. He stood in front of the sleeping fox.

"What do you want, human boy? You're disturbing my sleep." Kurama's voice boomed even when his mouth hasn't even opened.

"Sir Kyubi. I was brought here on a task."

"To imprison me once again?" Kurama's eyebrows furrowed and he let out a burst of steam from his nose. "You're familiar... but I can't place it." Kurama opened his eyes to meet a boy who looked almost exactly like the hero who spent his whole life with the fox but with black hair. "You're that brat's kid, huh? The name's Kurama." Kurama smirks.

"You knew who my father was?" Saruto asks, surprised.

"Kid, I spent the good part of my life in your grandfather's stomach. I endured all his mental and physical pain. I saw everything the kid went through including the life of his son. I guess he'd be considered old to you." Kurama's eyes suddenly perked. He noticed. "Your future is not a bright one, I can tell. You remind me so much of him." Saruto wondered who "him" was. Before he could react, Kurama got out of the tailed beast mind link and Saruto was once again on the grassy field in front of the sleeping fox.

"I was told to gather some of your chakra, sir Kurama." Kurama didn't respond and snored louder than before.

"I'll collect a small enough amount so most of you will remain here."

"Not happening kid. You remind me too much of a certain Uchiha. One who tried to kill your father just because he was a jinchuriki." Saruto pondered at this information but kept it in the back of his mind.

"I'm the last Uzumaki. It's because of my grandfather that you remained near Konoha, right?" Kurama grunts in response and opens one eye.

"Like you would know how to control my chakra anyways. It took your grandfather seventeen years and by the time your aunt died, she hadn't yet controlled my chakra."

"Tell me about them... my family. My grandfather, my grandmother, my aunt and my dad. What were they like?" Saruto sat on the grass and looked up at the start sky.

"Well since you plan on staying, I guess I have no choice. Your family's story really starts with the first Hokage's wife who was elderly at the time..."