Introduction: A Baby's Tears

Two figures stood on the guarding rock wall of the Konoha village.

One was a man at the age of twenty-five who stood with a noticeable green rasengan in his hand and a long blue cape on his shoulders. He had blonde hair collected behind a shinobi headband marked with a leaf symbol with a horizontal cut in the center and another vertical cut above his eye.

The other figure was a woman, also at the age of twenty-five. Her long red dress flapped in the wind. She kept one hand on her hip while with the other, she used to hold tight onto her red Hokage hat. She was tired and was panting.

The woman, most famously known as the Village Hidden in the Leaves' ninth Hokage, was a powerful shinobi. After deciding to tie her Hokage hat so it would hang nicely on her back and lend her hands free, she activated her infamous sharingan and formed a lightning style jutsu on her right hand, the Chidori.

These two were the most predominant shinobis in all the lands, children of the legends, students of the greats.

Upon the wall they stood on, they could see the village they protected together. Thankfully, the village people were all evacuated and all shinobi were out in the field, ready for battle.

On the other side of the wall was the problem. In the sky, there was a white figure, Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki, with an army of black ninja tool puppets. There could be hundreds to thousands behind the terroristic extraterrestrial being who almost destroyed the life of Boruto Uzumaki and his family. The two, Sarada Uchiha and Boruto Uzumaki, were ready to risk it all and die for their village. After the two regained chakra, they set out to attack Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki and his puppets.

———

That night, the two had disappeared. A team of four shinobi had witnessed the two follow their enemy into a time-space portal but had never seen them come back out. Nothing was confirmed on whether they had died or not but due to the extensive absence, the village officially marked them deceased for the good of the village. If not unfortunate already, only a year prior, the couple had a baby boy.

Saruto Hyuga was a child with the blue eyes of his father and the dark hair of his mother. Born with a very high IQ and gifted with the talents of both of his infamous grandfathers, Saruto was a special child. He didn't have any family left and the surnames of "Uzumaki" and "Uchiha" were too dangerous for him to keep so the 8th hokage, Konohamaru Sarutobi, decided his name be changed to "Hyuga," a clan wiped out after the clan leader, Hiashi Hyuga (also being the great grandfather of Saruto), passed away.

Growing up an orphan, Saruto grew up quiet, respectful, shy, and kept away, much to the opposite of his legendary orphan grandfather who he had never got to know. Like the grandfather on his mother's side, he grew up brilliant, attractive and talented. He was a prodigy.

This story begins during a mission with a word that will change Saruto's way of life at the age of thirteen.