18.) A Word

Black Zetsu smiled at the boy. He wasn't crying but he was visibly upset and far beyond angered after what he heard. His mangekyou sharingan acted up again and it formed a much more intricate pattern.

"I'll leave you be." Zetsu said but before he turned to leave, he put a scroll on the nightstand. "Here, something for you to do before we give you any orders. They're jutsus to work on since I heard its your talent." Zetsu turns and leaves.

———

"Lord eighth," Orochimaru stops Konohamaru outside the chakra sensing room. "I need to inform you of something private." Konohamaru nods and brings the immortal being into a private office near the main meeting room of headquarters.

"What is it, Orochimaru?"

"It's about Saruto. He came to me over a year ago with the scroll of seals, telling me he wanted to reanimate his relatives for answers." Konohamaru squints at this.

"You didn't tell Kawaki this when he visited a few months ago?"

"Kawaki didn't even notice Saruto was in the same room as him so I thought he would've figured it out himself but I guess the boy really knows how to conceal his chakra figure." Orochimaru says. "Anyways, I sent him to Ryuchi cave and he completed his mission in six months. The next six months consisted of him training on his own. He came back every week or so to ask me for a new jutsu from the scroll of seals and I didn't hesitate. The kid is a jutsu perfector. I just didn't give him the hard and fatal ones. Over two months and a half ago, I sent him on the most dangerous mission."

"What did you do, Orochimaru?" Konohamru says as he crosses his arms.

"I sent him to the nine tails. I wanted to test him. To see if he would back down on his own."

"He hasn't come back?"

"No. I'm not sure he's even alive because extracting chakra that strong and attempting to seal it in his own body is very life threatening."

"Thank you for the information, Orochimaru. Next time, just tell us where the boy is. I'll send someone out right away." Konohamaru had little time. The fifth great ninja war was to start in less than twenty-four hours. Almost everything was ready. He ran out of the office and into the communication room where he called Inojin on the office phone.

"Lord eighth, we're the last group and are headed to headquarters now."

"That's great Inojin but I need you to do me a favor before you leave."