46.) Diving Into Battle

"Saruto!" Boruto yells from afar. It took longer than they thought to revive at least the Hokages and some keikei genkai holders and make it to the entrance of Konoha. Saruto held a kunai in front of him, fighting Isshiki without a sword.

The reanimated persons join the battle, placing Naruto and his father against Isshiki and the Senju brothers against Momoshiki.

"What's our new plan?" Boruto says, releasing an invisible rasengan onto Code.

"Force them farther away from the civilians and the remains of Konoha." The first Hokage insists.

"Then we take all three, Code being the first as the weakest." Saruto adds.

"Afterwards we can kick Momoshiki and Isshiki's butts." Naruto adds happily.

"We need a group to eradicate the Kara technology: find where they are and destroy them." Saruto suggests, activating his snake sage powers to retaliate against his waning chakra.

"We can help!" Says another arriving figure. Hinata Hyuga, Himawari Uzumaki, Neji Hyuga and Itachi Uchiha all arrive at the scene.

"Our eye prowess powers can help figure out where the objects are." Itachi says.

"It's settled, now split!" Sarada orders everyone and Saruto along with the group of reanimated persons and remaining alive shinobi continue to try to push the floating figures out of the city.

———

"Code! Momoshiki!" Isshiki floated in the sky, shooting as many chakra balls at those who hit the other two. Saruto smiled as he jumped from the ground to form another purple rasengan to hit Isshiki. What an unwise choice to start a war when you only have the chakra pills to do just one planetary devastation.

It was unexpected but it was an easy battle. Within an hour, Code was knocked out and Momoshiki was deprived of chakra.

Behind Saruto, his great grandfather, grandfather and father all formed their individual rasengan to hit Isshiki.

"Let's do this!" Naruto springs up from the ground with the nine-tails chakra and moves side by side his grandson.

Within a split second, Isshiki moved through a dimension to get behind the two. Naruto is pushed through a separate portal while Isshiki grabs the boy by the collar of his shirt and absorbing the rasengan chakra through his hand. Isshiki reforms the rasengan in his hand and holds it to the struggling boy's head.

"I can absorb his chakra right here, right now so don't move." Isshiki booms, making Minato and Boruto stop in their tracks. Isshiki looks down to Code and nods his head. Code summons an scientific ninja tool and opens a portal where Code's daughter jumps out from.

Ankoku is ripped from the ground by Isshiki who momentarily disabled the rasengan.

"Do it child." He commands. Ankoku sends out a single tear and she looks to Saruto, her eyes turning a milky white. Saruto stops stuggling and Isshiki let's him go to land on the ground in a loud thud.

Saruto screams loud, trying hard to fight the hate coming inside his conscious.

"Its a genjutsu," Isshiki explains. "All the hate he's been through is rolling through his mind as we speak so it's all on him. If he feels no love, the genjutsu will control him." Isshiki scoffs for a moment. "The child can kill everyone in this battlefield in one swing of a chakra so if the genjutsu controls him to kill everyone here, he can."

Saruto kneels on the ground, tears spewing out of his pure white eyes.

"Saruto, baby. Please, fight it." The ninth Hokage whispers to her son's ear.

"We're here, son, and we're never leaving again." Boruto says.

"Saruto, Saruto please." Asuma holds his hand. "You're my best friend. Fight it, you need to fight it."

"Saruto, we know you didn't mean it." Minakami says, hugging her teammate.

"Saruto, you are powerful and strong. You are smart and kind and Konoha needs you. I'll fix everything. We'll fix everything." The eighth Hokage says boldly. "Saruto, Konoha NEEDS you."

"Saruto sensei. You are the greatest shinobi in history. You're the greatest teacher in the universe. You've had your trouble but now Konoha is your home. This world is your home." Yuna sobs.

"Please, come home now and fight it like you always have." Jisedai cries.

Saruto gaps for air and his blue eyes appeared once more.

Isshiki scowls at this and tries to run away, attempting abandoning Momoshiki and Code when a black chakra of Kurama wraps around his leg and pulls him close to Saruto.

Isshiki panicks for a moment when he looks behind Saruto and smirks widely.

Saruto noticed quick but it was too late.

Kaguya grabbed Saruto by the nape of his neck and absorbed some of his chakra enough to make him slump down in exhaustion.

"You came late."