42.) Inherited Power

"As you probably heard all your live as a shinobi, power comes with great risks and responsibilities." Sarada sat across from her son on the dining table while her husband sat on the couch nearby, playing his handheld video game. "I guess a good example would be the reason why chakra exists on this planet in the first place."

With that, Sarada told the legend of Kaguya Otsutsuki, her children and her descendants. Saruto was a true descendent of Kaguya, having her sons and her grandchildren's blood and abilities.

"During the fourth great ninja war, Kaguya had been revived by Zetsu and unfortunately, Madara Uchiha, who was manipulated into the plan." Sarada explains, completing the whole known history of the Otsutsuki clan and the years of conflicts it yielded. "We had no time with you before such a big conflict occurred. We're already in the process of helping you improve your powers but knowing it's history will help you understand why you must not abuse it." Saruto only nods and Boruto sighs loudly as he looses his electronic battle.

"Father had told me it was very easy for him to turn to the dark side." Boruto adds, slamming his game console down and sitting on the chair next to his son. Saruto looks at his father, surprised at his words.

"I thought he was a goofball... and a bit of an idiot." Saruto slightly objects.

"Yes yes, I know that better than anyone but he's very powerful. He also grew up with a lot of pain; he was a lonely, hated and rejected orphan in the times of war and continuous conflict. He had told me that while training to mend with Kurama's chakra, he first had to learn his true self and his intentions morally. He befriends his enemies, breaks up conflicts and is generally the creator of peace. That's the true Naruto Uzumaki." Boruto ends the long rant to get up and get a leftover burger.

"Now, we'll leave you to make your own decisions. Now, since we're just before the last stage of the chunin exams, I want to show you my little move called "three seconds." The ninth Hokage smiles wicked sweetly.

.

"Isshiki, it's ready." Code plots a disc in front of Isshiki who sips his wine delicately.

"We'll attack on high sun tomorrow. Get ready and bring your puppets." Isshiki orders.

.

After the morning of training with his mother and some with his father, Saruto had been called by Orochimaru and the sixth hokage.

With the proper escort of the copy ninja, Saruto had been asked to meet the former villain at a place in which he had not recognized.

"Where are we?" He asked, looking into a dark cave behind Orochimaru.

"Saruto, welcome to the Akatsuki base." Orochimaru waved a single torch and turned into the cave, prompting Saruto and his acompanying agent to follow him.

The cave went through a series of mazes until it comes down to a spiral stairway formed around a tree.

"All of Akatsuki died before or in the fourth great ninja war—some of them were even revived to fight the allied shinobi forces in the war if they died prehand. Ideally, the last Akatsuki member who died was your grandfather, Sasuke Uchiha, who was an Akatsuki member only momentarily.

"Exactly what are we doing here?" Saruto's question echoes in the empty dark space before the three make their way down a hallway in the mountain wall that Saruto almost didn't see. At this point, the boy activates his byakagan just to see where and what he was walking on as Orochimaru's torch didn't do much work.

"Since you have gotten the Mangekyo sharingan, the only direction your vision is going is dark so we'll see if it is here so we can come up with a better solution."

"Don't tell me you're planning on giving me eternal mangekyo sharingan because it's not possible without another Uchiha's eyes." After that remark, the three enter a room with walls lined of thick cobwebs and dust. Saruto's eyes wandered to a desk in the middle of the room and then to the wall on the left. What was behind all that dust shocked him.

"Yes, they are." Kakashi answers. "Obito Uchiha was the main antagonist of the fourth great ninja war and quite a few more major conflicts beforehand. In his spree, he also collected various eyes. Some aren't even sharingan." Orochimaru uses his snake-like arms to light up the torches on the wall and then proceeds to wipe the table clean.

"The eyes are all rotten, though. I can see them. They're in a liquid that probably kept them intact for such a long time but I can see it passed it's expiration date."

"Don't worry child." Orochimaru responds. "During the fourth great ninja war, Obito Uchiha died protecting your teenage grandfathers."

"Just after he died, however, I somehow received the power of his sharingan. Obito is one of the most powerful Uchihas in complete history. He was my best friend and provided support even after his death and gave me the complete power of kamui and his own mangekyo sharingan before it disappeared into nothing. Unexpectedly, we were wrong about something. In order for me to use his sharingan without actually having his eyes, his eyes had to be in the living world and kept under prestine condition for it to be used. I led the first generation team seven to seal Kaguya Otsutsuki in a time-space jutsu where everything moved slowly. Kaguya had an Otsutsukian-based jutsu that could disintegrate a being with one it. Obito was hit and as we thought, his eyes were lost in his broken pieces. Among the moments of his death, we believe his eyes were removed or switched somehow by something we couldn't see and moved his eyes here, in his storage room."

Orochimaru brushed everything off the table where there is a small rectangular hole in the center.

"Sixth hokage, it's ready." He informs the seventy-year-old man. Kakashi nods and bites his thumb to draw blood.

"Somehow, my blood can access his eyes." Kakashi places his thumb in the tiny rectangle and a bigger, decent sized rectangle starts to pop up, releasing dust everywhere. The top opens and inside was a glass casing of two black eyeballs, perfectly cut as if it was ready for surgery.

"We'll take back to Konoha so we can form them with your eyes. It'll be a full night recovery despite our medical advancement these days but it is an old pair of eyes with risk." Orochimaru takes the eyes and plants them in his well-insulated carry-on metal casing.

"That is—if you'll take it. Obito expirienced too much pain in his whole lifetime. If it was anyone who he'd want to take his eyes, it would be the boy to promise a world of peace and your grandfather, Naruto, who promised that before this new group came." Kakashi looks over to the boy who looks at the glass casing with more thought.

"I'll take it."