24.) That Night

Two figures stood on the guarding rock wall of Konoha village. One, a man at the age of twenty-five, stood with a noticeable green rasengan in his hand and a long blue cape on his shoulders. He had blonde hair tied behind a shinobi headband marked with a leaf symbol with a cut in the center and another near his eye.

The other figure was a woman also at the age of twenty-five. Her long red dress fluttered in the wind so she held onto her hokage hat. She stood with red eyes and a blue lightning in her hands.

These two were the most predominant shinobis in all the lands, children of the legends, students of the greats.

They stood upon the scene of their destroyed village. Thankfully, the people were all evacuated and all shinobi were out in the field, ready for battle. In the sky, there was a white figure with an army of black ninja tool puppets. The twp, Sarada Uchiha and Boruto Uzumaki were ready to risk it all and die for their country. After the two regained chakra, they set for attack on Momoshiki Otsutsuki and his puppets.

The Otsutsuki hit the female who hit the ground hard.

"Sarada!" Cried her husband. He tried to go to her rescue but Momoshiki took a swing at the caped male. The ninth Hokage gets up and tries to hit Momoshiki with her chakra-filled hands. Momoshiki laughs at this attempt. What he didn't notice is that Boruto had put a portal behind him with his Jougan and that the Sarada that tried to hit him was a clone. Out of nowhere, Sarada came upon Momoshiki and hit him into the portal.

Sarada and Boruto join the otsutsuki in the portal and find themselves in a void where time doesn't work naturally and everything is dark.

"We'll finish our battle here." Boruto says. Sarada activates her Chidori and the battle begins.

.

"Sarada, how long have we been here for?" Boruto asks, dodging Momoshiki's lightning hit.

"Less than an hour. Have you regained your Jougan so we can escape from here?" She says, throwing a shuriken and forming shadow clones of the object. Only one managed to strike Momoshiki.

"I have but I'm not exactly sure where "here" is." Sarada took a look around and gasped.

"Boruto! I read about this. We're in Limbo. It's a space between dimensions where time moves faster than normal. We need to get out of here as quick as we can." Momoshiki notices this and smirks.

"You two aren't going anywhere until you defeat me." Momoshiki summons something in the palm of his hands.

"He was hiding more chakra pills?!" Boruto reached to his back but noticed his katana wasn't there. Instead, he pulls out a kunai and crosses his fingers for a shadow clone.