9.) A Clue Closer and a Deal to Explain

It took a few months for Saruto to develop the snake sage properly. For a cave with a bunch of old and wise snakes with their own ways of doing things, there were a lot of books on human jutsus. Saruto was almost bedridden from the bite of the White Sage Snake for about a month but he was able to survive with no doubt.

Afterwards, he trained by himself for five months and learned as many jutsus as he can. He had signed a blood deal with an older but strong snake, Garaga. After those six months, he decided he needed more jutsus so he came back to Orochimaru to look at the scroll of seals.

.

"Lord Orochimaru, are you sure that this undocumented chakra here is just Jugo's son?" Captain Yamato's son was now in charge of guarding Orochimaru. As the first hokage's DNA was inserted into Yamato, his son didn't have a wood style jutsu. Daichi was presently a Jonin who led several succeeding groups but chose a simpler job as he got in his thirties. This was months after Saruto had come back to Orochimaru after getting his snake sage but he was still considered missing.

"Of course Captain," Orochimaru says with one of their infamous smirks.

"It took place around the time the genin went missing." Daichi raised his eyebrows.

"That's enough, Daichi. I'll interrogate him on my own. Thank you." Kawaki lets the younger man out and leans on the wall closest to Orochimaru. "Where is he? I can't sense his chakra anywhere. It was until I heard from the outside of lord eighth's office did I hear that there was a minor breach in chakra in your quarters, Orochimaru."

"It doesn't matter now. You won't sense him unless he wants to be sensed." Orochimaru moved the medical scroll they was reading and yawned.

"You think this is funny? The kid's a threa-"

"And you weren't? Konoha was attacked many years ago because the seventh hokage decided to bring you home and act like your father. It was the same thing with how the third hokage treated Naruto when Akatsuki was after him. It was the same with my son. He's only a threat if you make him one." Kawaki stood stunned and suddenly he saw something on Orochimaru's medical counter. Black hair. Inside a medical plate was a few strands of hair. It was so dark it could pass off as coal. Saruto.

"He was here."

"Ryuchi cave." Orochimaru confessed in a bored tone. "You won't be able to find him unless he wants to be found." Kawaki perked up at this and turned to make his leave. "Once again boy, a child is not a criminal unless you make him out to be." Kawaki continued walking and got out of the cave. He ran all the way back to the hokage's office to tell him that his mission given a year ago might actually soon be accomplished.

------

"He's gone. Doubt he'll be back for a while." Saruto opens the glass tube and coughs violently. "And I do apologize, those testing equipment haven't been thoroughly cleaned out yet."

"So can you help me do the reanimation jutsu?" Orochimaru stands up and puts their scroll in a cupboard.

"It's not that I don't want to but it's that I can't. When the kages found out I can perform the reanimation jutsus without human lives at risk, they wanted to use it. The five great villages are going to war against the Otsutsuki clan and the Kara members involved. The five kages are planning a summit next week to discuss whether to use the reanimation jutsu to revive previous kages and other powerful, well-known shinobi as a backup plan. I revived the four hokages in the fourth great ninja war and some say that if they weren't there, we wouldn't have won."

"I can't revive them before they decide to?"

"I believe not. What I can do is revive them before they're called on the battlefield and you can ask all the questions you would like with a deal." Saruto raised his eyebrows at this.

"What is it?"

"With the deal that you'll communicate with your dead relatives, you'll come back to the village and turn yourself in."

"Why?"

"I don't suppose you know the story of your grandfather, Sasuke Uchiha, do you?"