Chapter 6: Mistake

Natsu POV

I woke up when Mira screamed that we had arrived. Geez, doesn’t she know that there were people sleeping. I guess not. When I looked up to my surroundings I couldn’t stop myself of looking at Lucy. She was sleeping peacefully with an angelic look. Her chest was moving with every breath she takes and her hair was a little over her face but not as much to cover her eyes. He was fighting the urge to hug her. He missed Lucy deeply. He missed barging in in her apartment and sleeping next to her. He missed her scent that used to be always near him. He missed going on missions with her and playing pranks on her. He missed everything. When they had played truth or dare, Lucy had to answer that one question that made him super guilty. Why weren’t they best friends anymore? Natsu knew why and he started to regret his decision. It all began when Lisanna came up to talk with him.

*Flashback*

‘Hey Natsu, can we talk?’ a nervous Lisanna asked.

‘Of course Liss. What do you need?’

‘Okay Natsu what I’m going to tell you is very important and embarrassing so you can’t tell anybody.’ she sighed and continued ‘Also if you don’t want to help me I’ll understand.’

‘Sure, I promise.’

‘Okay here’s the deal. I sort of have a crush on somebody but he doesn’t really notice me so I was thinking if you wanted to be my fake boyfriend so he would notice me?’

‘I don’t know liss.’ Natsu said unsure. True he would love to help Lisanna because she helped him a lot with his crush that she out of nowhere knew who it was. He still didn’t know how she knew it but she helped him a lot. If he did this would that mean she and him wouldn’t as close as they’re now?

‘Please Natsu I beg you. Besides think of it like this, we can try to make Lucy jealous right?’ Lisanna looked at him hopefully before continuing ‘That would make a win-win situation for both of us.’

‘Fine, I guess I could help.’

‘Yay thanks Natsu!’

*Flashback*

But when that question plopped up last night he felt so guilty. And he hated it. He hated everything of it. He hated the guilt. But what he hated the most was de hurt and sad look in Lucy’s eyes. They even seemed depressed and he hated it. He wanted to make her sadness go away. He knew he couldn’t. Why? Because he was the one that caused it in the first place. He regretted it but a part of him didn’t. Lisanna’s plan had actually work. Natsu had saw Lucy get depressed every time he and Lisanna would only held hands. But it also pained him. He was making her suffer for nothing. He just hoped that this would be over soon. He only wanted to be with Lucy again. He wanted Lucy to be his again. He knew it wouldn’t come true because now Lucy had with Gray. And it was his entire fault. So he convinced himself that if he tried to win her back with jealousy everything would be normal again. He didn’t want to lose her. He didn’t want to give himself away to the darkness. The darkness of guilt, loneliness and fear of losing the one that made his heart go faster just by looking at him. But he knew had had to do a lot so he could have her back. So he could have her back in his arms again. He was willing to do anything to have her back. He would pay any price for having her back. Because if the price of his sins were to lose her, he wouldn’t know how to live. Lucy was everything to him. His oxygen. His happiness. His live. Her smile would light him up whenever he was felling down. She was his whole life. She was his everything how cheesy it might sound. It was true. And in that moment of thinking about her everything was clear to him. He knew. He knew he had made a mistake. A mistake he deeply regretted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey minna here's chapter 6! Poor Natsu if he only realised his mistake sooner. What will happen next? See in chapter 7: The hotel.

Hope you liked the chapter. Until next time^-^

- Sashax_x