Chapter 14: He likesss her!

Lucy POV

I was walking through the corridors when I bumped into someone. I landed on the ground.

'Auw.' I heard the other person exclaim. I looked up to meet two beautiful onyx eyes.

'I-im really sorry Natsu.'

'Don't worry Luce.' He gave me one of his signature smiles. He pulled out his hand for me to take it. I gladly accepted it and he pulled me up. We were now standing a little awkward in the corridor. What did you expect we haven't talk in like 1,5 weeks.

'How is it going? I heard about you and Lisanna broke up.' I heard more than just a break up but I decided not to push him.

'I'm fine. I heard about Gray, are you okay?'

'I'm fine.' There was a silence of 5 minutes, again. I just stared at the floor trying not to make eye contact.

'Luce I'm sorry we didn't spend a lot of time together because of me so I would like to make it up to you if you let me.'

'I really missed your company Luce I'll do everything to make it up with you.' His eyes were so sincere and full of hope I couldn't deny. Besides I really missed him too. Lucky me I heard the dragon slayers talk about Natsu having a mate. If I find out who it is I'll make sure she doesn't take him away from me. I mean they can date all they want but I won't lose my best friend again. I promised myself to love him from the shadows, that's how it always should have been.

'Well I know one thing you could do for me.'

'Really what I'll do anything. I'm fired up now!'

'Well I heard the other dragon slayers talk about something really interesting earlier.'

'Really about what?' he asked confused. He was so cute. Lucy stop thinking like that you idiot.

'About you having found your mate. Now what I know about dragon slayers is that they only mate ones in their life.'

'Yes that's true Luce but I don't understand where you are going?'

'Natsu I want you to tell me who your mate is.' I said as simply as that. Natsu on the other hand was as pale as a ghost.

'WAIT WHAT!?'

'Well I'm supposed to be your best friend and I tell you all of my secrets so I don't see the problem in telling me who it is.'

'Is that the ice cream stall I hear? Well I better get going before there's no ice cream anymore. See ya Luce!' with that he ran as fast as he could down the corridor.

'But you don't even like ice cream that much?' I said to him when he was running away. I know he could hear me. I just stood there until I couldn't see him anymore. *sigh* I guess I should go too. I walked down the corridor to the beach.

Natsu POV

That was a close one. I sat at the end of the corridor taking a break from running away from Lucy. Mavis, my heart is pounding 10000000 heartbeats per second. Is that even possible!?

'Running away from you mate Salamander?' the metal head asked. Metal head (Gajeel), Wendy and Laxus were now standing in front of me.

'What do you want?' I asked irritated by their present. Geez, first Lucy and her question and now these guys.

'Gajeel-san is right Natsu you have to tell her someday.'

'Well I haven't seen you guys telling your mates.'

'Well actually we had the courage to tell them.' Laxus told me.

'Why didn't I know anything about that!?'