Chapter 14

I hit the punching bag again and again, not because I wanted to, but because I needed to

I hit the punching bag again and again, not because I wanted to, but because I needed to. When I can't control everything that happens, anger and frustration fill my body. Control is the one thing I need, it's my oxygen. It makes me feel like I have purpose or power and after years of being pathetic, I crave it.

Rico frustrates me, I don't know why his words affect me so much. He works for me.

All I want is for him to stop messing with my fucking head.

Before I know it, I kick my punching bag so hard that it pulls off the chains and slides across the floor after a big boom.

Bloody hell.

I sit down on the mat covering the ground to catch my breath, I've boxed for a few hours without a break. I fought some of the "best" men for a while, but they became bitches and had to get back to work. I'm your boss, think of a better excuse to save your ass from being kicked. For grown-ass people, they're a couple of pussys.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my ringtone, I hate ringtones they get so annoying after a while. 

I take my phone out of my pocket and hold it to my ear, seeing that it was Maze.

"Hey boss, the Italians want to meet with you, when do you have time?"

"Tell them I'm willing to meet them tonight at my club. If they're late, the deals off, we kill them all." Is it bad that I'm already imagining the many ways that I can kill them? I hate people.

"Got it, boss."

I should stop being a bitch and just ask her the question that's been running through my head since my accoutrement with Rico. Why should I care if she thinks that my question is stupid or dumb, she should know that I don't do shit like this often and just help me out.

"I have a question for you. If someone is...upset how do you make them better?" Holy fuck, what the hell did I just say? If I cut the phone right now I can act like I never said anything.

"Okay, I'm guessing this has to do with a certain mafia boss named Rico. Rico is like my best friend and even though he doesn't say it, he LOVES attention from you. I know, who would have thought. Just shower him with affection and attention, everyone loves it whether they admit it or not. Is there something going on between the two of you, be-", I cut her off before she can go on any further.

"Goodbye Maze", I say before ending the call.

Rico, wants attention from me? Maze doesn't know what she's talking about, she's crazy, but I guess I can try.

I don't know how to give someone affection. When the trio is mad at me, they get over it in minutes. John and Matteo, can't stay mad at me for some reason and Maze, she's not like that, at least not with me. She supports everything I do, even If I end up hurting everyone. Rico, on the other hand, has an "influence" on me, I guess. I value his opinion some of the time and when he's mad I can't function properly.