Chapter 19

"When we go inside I want to be able to see you at all times

"When we go inside I want to be able to see you at all times. Talk to people, but don't give anything away. Bitch faces on", the five and I stand towards the huge building. 

We went through security and all the protocols. It was boring.

We all stood together in a line, me in between the brothers, John and Maze on each side of them. 

I turn my head to Rico and he gives me a smile. That's all I needed to get through this night.

Let's do this. 

The guards open the door and we walk inside. Everyone looks towards us, I give the five a nod signaling I was going to the bar. 

Everyone goes back to what they were doing, knowing it's not a good idea to stare at me. I'm not a party person. I usually come for an hour in the end once the majority of the people are gone. Being here is kind of a big deal, but I don't know why anyone cares. 

"Vodka", I say to the bartender. 

I look around the ballroom to see people dancing, talking, and my favorite, drinking. 

Rico and Mateo were talking to the French mafia, while John and Maze were laughing at the snack table. I love those idiots.

The bartender puts down my drink quickly looking away. 

Good choice.

I see a guy in fancy attire drinking as if his life depended on it. 

"So, what's your story", I ask the guy without moving my eyes away from the crowd. 

"I would tell you, but I don't want to ruin your night", he smiles looking over to me and that's when his smile dropped. 

"Oh my god, I just said no to Samara", he mumbles to himself. 

"Don't worry, you're okay. I actually might not kill you", I take a sip from my glass. 

That doesn't feel bad. 

He smiles.

"Might", I add. 

"Just family drama", he says sighing playing with his cup.

"Don't drink, it won't change anything", I turn my head to him.

There was something about him that felt so comfortable. Please don't be an Italian. 

"Your drinking right now", he looks my way.

I see Omerta tattooed on his wrist, of course, there is a big chance he's my 'brother'.

They had one job to take care of him and I find him drinking. I have a feeling he's Blaze, he always had the most loving smile. 

I raise my eyebrow and give a little head tilt. 

"The names Blaze", he sticks out his hand for me to shake.

I give him a nod and walk away, leaving his hand hanging. 

I make my way over to Rico. 

"How's it going, date", he asks sarcastically.

"What's with all this attitude", I smile playfully. 

"We are supposed to be together, doing couple things and I see at the bar talking to some guy", he says through gritted teeth.

Do I see Rico Rodriguez jealous, if only he knew. 

Before I could reply, Mateo comes up to us with his drink in his hand. 

"Heyyy", he whines as I take his drink and take a gulp.

I shrug my shoulders. 

"Sage can we please go dance", Mateo looks at me with puppy dogs. 

Rico huffs. 

There is no way I am dancing with that idiot in front of everyone, before I could reply Rico drags me to the dance floor.

How do I let him drag me around?

"Rico, what the hell?", I question looking into his eyes.

"We are going to dance", he smiles putting his hands on my waist and pulling me close.

Someones bold.

"Come on, don't leave me hanging", he looks at me embarrassed. 

I slowly put my hands on his shoulders and move with the music. Whoever was playing the piano is amazing. Almost everyone was staring at us, even the Italians, but I don't care. The trio on the other hand have their phones out and our recording us. I laugh at their silliness. 

"You're actually dancing with me", Rico whispers more to himself than me. 

"You over anyone else", I could get lost in his gorgeous eyes.

"Tell me Sage when we go home that it will be different", he says as I lay my head in his chest. 

I don't care about anyone else I just want to be with him.

"It will be. Will go out on a date and eat ice cream. Try to give the triplets a normal life, maybe even our own", I whisper.

The piece sadly finishes and I look up to see his glossy eyes, but he quickly blinks them away. He grabs my hand and we walk towards the trio. 

"Oh my god, that was so cute", Maze squeals. 

"You guys are so steamy", John says, wiggling his eyebrows earning a glare from me. 

"Get it, brother", Mateo put up a hand for Rico to high five.

Rico doesn't do anything, but make a funny ass face to him.

Mateo pouts. I show him my hand indicating I want to high-five him and then slap him in the face.

Everyone stares at me and then erupts into laughter.

"Samara, how are you", Rafael asks coming towards us.

I shake his hand.

"Well. Everyone meet Rafael", I introduce him to the five. 

I hear a course of hi's and hellos.

"He is the second in command in the American mafia and an okay friend of mine", I soften my face. 

"Sage", I hear called out.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.