Chapter 18

After a long-ass plane ride and car ride, we finally made it to the hotel

After a long-ass plane ride and car ride, we finally made it to the hotel. Being on a plane with those idiots is one hell of a job. 

"Hurry your asses up", I yell at the half-asleep idiots who can't even walk.

"John you and Maze can share a room. Rico and Mateo you can share a room. I will be alone", I instruct. I hear a course of groans and a few smiles.

"Why do we have to share", Mateo whines.

"If any attack was to happen you need to be with someone who can protect you", I answer leaving no room for argument. 

I turn around to go in the elevator and they all end up squishing in there with me. 

"What if anything happens to you", Rico asks as we wait.

"I'll be fine", I reply giving him a reassuring nod. 

Once the elevator opens we all rush out.

"Before you go to your rooms, once you have checked them and settled in, start getting dressed. We will not be as late as last time. Meet back here in an hour and don't be idiots. My apologies, I guess I shouldn't say the impossible", I turn around and walk towards my room. 

***

I paid the hotel employees to put, brand new sheets and stuff on in our rooms because the thought of strangers being here grosses me out.

The hotel wherein isn't bad, but I've seen better. I checked the room and looked at some blueprints of the hotel in case if anything were to happen. 

Always be a few steps ahead.

I'm getting dressed for the ball. I would wear a suit, but I thought I would try a dress this time. I'm wearing a simple black dress with a slit through the leg. I didn't do anything with my hair just kept it down. I don't really do any face makeup either, just lightly added black eyeliner, water liner, and mascara. 

I'm not worried about the no weapon rule, if anyone pisses me off I can kill them with my bare hands.

I am worried about the Italians, but tonight is about me and Rico. We never really go with dates, the five just go together. I'm not one to complain, I go to the bar and drink while I observe. I let the other ones do the whole talking thing. 

I hear a knock on the door. I take out my gun and point towards the door. 

I left my door unlocked because I was about to head out anyways. 

"Come in", I yell.

When Mateo opens the door he screams and puts his hands up in surrender. 

"Why the fuck are you screaming", I pull him into the room and close the door. 

"You had a fucking gun pointed to my head", he exaggerates.

"Watch your mouth", I point a finger at him.

"I'm older than you", he huffs falling on my bed. 

"You look gorgeous by the way and thanks for picking out our clothes", he lays on his side and turns to me. 

"Get your ass up your wrinkling your clothes", I say pulling him up.

"Can I be your date", he asks with a grin.

"What", I scrunch my face confused.

"Well, John said he's going with Maze and I have to keep my paws off. So, I wanted to ask you so I'm not stuck alone like Rico", he smiles.

Who's gonna tell him.

I will. 

"Your brother already asked me idiot", I say whipping the smile right off his face.

"So I'm the only one without a date", he pouts.

I hate seeing this bitch sad. He really has me wrapped around his finger.

"Fine, you can be my date as well. I'm sure brother won't mind", I place a hand on his shoulder.

I doubt he's going to live another day, Rico will kill him.

He starts jumping up and down.

"Thank you, Sage! I love you, for not letting me be a loser", he cheered while coming in for a hug.

I slap him across the face. 

He holds his face where I slapped him with his hand.

"I haven't done that in a long time", I say before he could reply. 

I interlock our hands.

"Come on, let's go", I say dragging him out the door.

***

"The clothes are looking great on you guys", I say walking toward the other idiots while still holding and swinging John's hand around

"Thanks, I guess", John says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"You look beautiful", Maze flashes me a smile.

Rico stands still glaring at Mateo.

"Guys let's go", John says. 

We all go to get in the elevator, but someone pulls me back.

"You guys go will be down there in a second", Rico says waving them off. 

I give Maze a nod and they all smile like idiots as the elevator closed. 

"You look stunning, and the clothes that you picked out are perfect", he holds both of my hands.

"You don't look so bad either", I smirk getting a smile from Rico.

"Now tell me, why was my date holding my brother's hand", he questions looking for a reply. 

"He's my date too", I click the button for the elevator. 

His mouth hangs open as I walk into the elevator. 

"Come on", I internally groan at the thought of being late. 

"Sage you can't be two people's date", he whines, walking inside. 

"Yes, I can", I turn towards him and walk until his back hits the wall. My lips an inch apart from his. I could feel his breath on my face and his heart beating out of his chest. I lean in closer, almost touching. I smile. 

With that, the elevator opens and I walk out. 

"You coming", I call out. He looks at me like a lost puppy and trails out behind me. 

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to comment and vote.