Chapter 28

I look around and see a few people sitting at the tables drinking

Mood.

In a booth, I see the one and only Matteo covered in blood with girls around him. I think they're too drunk to notice he has blood all over him.

I walk towards the booth, "leave", I say to the girls, Matteo's head jolts up.

The girls quickly run off without a glance.

"Sage, here to join the fun", he slurs taking a sip of his drink.

I grab his drink and smash it against the wall.

"Get your ass up, where leaving. No more of this", I hissed.

It's not even safe for us to be out, let alone partying at a club.

"If you're here to ruin the fun as always, you can go. We never get to have fun because of you, you ruin everything. You're the reason Rico is dead, they were coming after you, you should have died last night not my brother. This whole time you just led him on. He was in love with you, but you never cared about him or any of us. You think that you're better than everyone, acting like a fucking robot. Do you even feel anything real? The best thing you can do is stay away from everybody because where ever you go people die. So, go fuck yourself", Matteo shouted getting up to get another drink. He stumbled, leaving behind a trail of blood.

I froze.

Hearing one of the people you love most in the world think that low of you is really something. For most of my life, I heard things like that come from the people I despise. If it was anyone else they would have died within seconds, but Matteo. Is that really what everyone thinks of me?

Drunken words are sober thoughts.

I quickly compose myself and clear my throat.

The truth hurts, get over it.

The Italians jaws were on the floor hearing Matteo speak to me like that. I haven't let anyone speak to me like that in years, maybe it was the truth I needed to hear.

I walk over to the bar where Matteo sat with another drink.

"Let's go", I raise my voice slapping my hand on the table so hard causing a few things to fall and break.

He takes another sip ignoring me.

I turn towards the Italians who are staring at my hand.

Shit.

Blood was gushing out of my hands. I pull out my flask and open it with my mouth. I dump what's left inside on my hand. Everyone's shocked by my actions.

It's obvious Matteo's not leaving, so I guess I have to do this the hard way. I squeeze a certain nerve in his elbow making him go unconscious. His head goes to fall, but I gently rest it on the table.

I turn towards the brothers, "I need a bike", I ask no one in particular.

"You can take mine", they all say simultaneously.

I raise an eyebrow at their actions.

"We have a garage close by, you can take anyone you like", Ezra smiles, making Azar groan.

"Okay, then", I go to grab Matteo. I haven't had the chance to make a plan or even think about everything that's happened. I just need to distance myself from everyone, it's what they need.

"Blaze, Bently, take Matteo and put him in Sag-Samara's car", Enzo waved his hand towards Matteo.

They come forward, do I really trust them with Matteo?

"Not a scratch on him, be very careful", I scold.

"Don't worry", Bently assured before putting his arm around his shoulder.

OMG, thank you so much because now I won't worry.

Dumbass.

I pull out my phone and see a message from Alias.

'Boss, I got the guy. Luna and I are with him at some warehouse. I already sent you the address, so will be here.'

Okay.

"Let's go to the garage", I say putting my phone away. Enzo and Ezra nod, while Azar scoffs making us turn towards him.

"We met this girl like two days ago and she has you guys wrapped around her finger. She is not our sister, our sister was loving and kind and sweet. Mom would have died again if she saw this was her Sage, but your not Sage, your Samara. The queen of the underworld, the biggest assassin there is. If the people who love her hate her as much as that kid, what are we even doing? Yesterday we saw someone die in her arms and today it's like nothing happened", Azar snarled, making his bothers yell at him.

Today must be hate on Sage day.

I go around the bar counter and grab a bottle of vodka. I go up to Azar and throw a hard punch to his face with my empty hand, making him fall to the ground. Enzo and Ezra are quick to his assistance.

"What the hell", he held onto his face.

I walk out of the club with my name being called behind me. Blaze and Bently are leaning against my car on their phone.

They quickly see me.

"What's wrong", Blaze asks coming forward.

"Nothing", I reply getting into the driver's seat.

"Bently go check what's going on inside and I'll go with her", Blaze says before coming and sitting in the passenger seat.

I look in the rearview mirror to see an unconscious Matteo in his seat belt.

I put my bottle of vodka in the cup holder and speed off.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.