Chapter 27

"John baby, can you put Maze on the phone", I asked sweetly which seemed to surprise the Italians

I internally scowled at them for being so noisy.

I hear the phone being shifted around.

"Sage, before you can say anything, you have got to hear me out. When we woke up Matteo was blank, but something in him snapped, it was like he was this whole other person. When we tried to stop him from leaving he held John by a knife. So, I let him go, but not before putting a tracker on him", Maze explains.

Matteo has never done anything like this before. He's gone through so much heartbreak and I don't know how I can be there for him, but I need to figure it out.

"Maze I want you and John to go home. After I get Matteo will come back, but I want the two of you to get on the jet, now. You can start getting everything sorted out for when I arrive. Have another plane ready for tonight and don't argue with me", I demanded.

I can't risk losing someone else, it's not safe for them to be here. I should have just sent them home last night.

"But-"Hand the phone to John", I interrupt.

I hear a sigh.

"Sage, what are you talking about, I am not leaving without", John argues.

"This is not up for discussion, goodbye John. I'll see you soon", I hung up the phone.

He is going to be pissed at me, but what's done is done

Everyone thinks I'm the bad guy, but what I do is always for someone else.

Rico never saw like that. He looked at me differently.

I get a message from Maze showing me where Matteo is.

"What's wrong", my head shot up at Enzo's question.

"I gotta go", I state before turning towards the door.

"Wait", I hear Enzo call from behind me.

I stop in my tracks.

"Let us help you, we know the quickest routes", Ezra adds.

I don't need them doing me any favours, I can do this without them.

I go leave again.

"We're going somewhere too and we should carpool because we need to save the planet"Bently steps forward.

"I don't care, just stop wasting my time", I walk out the door and down the stairs. I hear words being shared behind me, but all I can think about is Matteo. Rico was always the one to deal with stuff like this, he made it look so easy.

When the trainees see me they all step aside once again, which I do appreciate. The brother's steps are loud behind me. They're kind of like giants. I unlock my car and sit in the front seat. I go to race off, but I see someone grab onto the handle to the passenger seat.

I roll down my window and see Ezra, I look towards the back seat.

The last person will get to sit there.

He groans and sits in the back, then Azar, and then Bently. The sight was almost funny. These scary-looking guys with tattoos and designer clothes, all squished together in the backseat of my gorgeous car.

Blaze goes to sit in the front seat, but Enzo grabs the collar of his shirt and throws him into the back seat of the car on top of his brothers and closes the door on his face.

Enzo sits in the front seat comfortably as the brothers bicker at him. One glare from me and they all shut up.

Okay, let's find Matteo.

***

"Wow, this kid is fast", Ezra comments trying to get comfortable.

"Stop squishing me", Benly complains shoving Blaze off of him.

We have been driving for about ten minutes, I haven't been talking because I'm worried Matteo is going to do something stupid. I listen to Enzo's directions, they looked impressed with my driving, which I'm not surprised I would say I'm quite advanced. A little bit fast, but they'll survive.

"Please slow down", Enzo tightens his grip around the seat belt.

I smirk, driving faster.

I see us getting closer to Matteo. He was at some club, which Enzo said was his. Matteo has been to a lot of places today, I just hope it wasn't giant bloodshed. A few people have been reported dead, so I am guessing it was him, but those are only the people that have been found.

Where here. I stop the car and step outside. The brothers hustle out as fast as they could tackling each other to the ground and I'm pretty sure Blaze just threw up.

The building surprisingly wasn't that bad, not as good as mine. I see a few people walking in showing some ID, those kids look like 13.

I walk towards the club, it looks pretty full for the morning.

Who has time for a 24-hour club?

The bouncer looks me up and down, judging my attire with disgust. This bitch must not know who I am.

"ID?", he asks holding in a laugh.

He's brave I'll give him that.

Before I can shut him up I feel a presence behind me.

"Boss", the guy says changing his posture and wiping the smile right off his face.

"What were you doing?", Enzo asks in a dominating voice making the guy flinch at the tone.

"This kid was trying to get in here, I was just about to throw her out", he answered grabbing onto my forearm. All of the brothers go to attack, but I twist his arm and smash him against the door. I keep twisting until I hear him scream.

"This kid will skin you alive if you don't show respect. Ever lay a finger on me again, I'll cut it off and shove it down your throat", I toss him on the ground away from the door. I dust off my clothes because they got a little wrinkly.

Azar crouches down to the guy and whispers something to him.

Okay, Matteo let's hope you're okay.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.