Chapter 34

Today's the day, the day we say goodbye

I straighten out my coat, I stole it from Rico. I felt the need to wear it so I could feel him with me. It still has his scent and everything.

Everyone's getting ready, we have to get going to the memorial soon.

All of the mafia leaders are staying at one of my hotels. I got a call from Luna saying everything was under control and everyone is safe. I was informed that all of the Italian brothers were coming, I don't know why all of them would come. 

From the American Mafia Rafael and Bellamy are here. After what they did, I don't know why they decided to show their faces. Coming to the funeral that they caused, I hate them. I just don't understand what their plan is. Are they trying to play innocent?

That's too easy.

I have a plan, to get all of the answers I need. 

***

I look out the window of the limo and see that we arrived at the hall.

I hold one of Matteo's hands and one of Johns. Maze holds Matteo's empty hand.

"Everyones going to be strong today, yes", I give them both a reassuring squeeze. 

They lightly nod.

"Stay together", I say before the chauffeur comes to open my door. We all slowly step outside.

Guards all around the tall building with guns in their hands. 

"I don't think I can do this", Matteo whispers next to me shaking his head.

"Yes you can, I'll be there every step of the way", I reassure, making him nod.

We walk up the stairs all holding hands, the guards open the door.

I always look towards Rico when my heart starts to race. I look up towards the sky and take a deep breath before walking inside. 

I look around and see the room filled with people from our mafia dressed in black. Picture's of Rico play on the tv with black flowers all around the room. 

Everyone turns towards us in their seats and bowed, showing their respects. 

Alias and Luna come towards the triplets and give them a hug. 

"Boss, the other mafia's are being escorted here right now", Luna informs me, with a sad smile.

She comes next to me as whispers, "The plan will work, don't worry."

We all take a seat at the front while everyone starts to settle down. 

Luna takes out a mic and thanked everyone for coming. A couple of members said a few words for Rico. Matteo leaned his head on my shoulder closing his eyes, trying to escape today. I open my phone and see a message from Luna saying that people from the other mafia's arrived. 

I let go of Matteo's and causing his eyes to shoot open, "Where are you going", he asks softly.

"The other mafias are here, I need to make sure everything is going as planned."

He frowns, "I'll come with you", he announces getting up.

"Are you sure", I confirm with him. I don't want him to think that he has to handle it. 

He nodded. I tell Maze to come with us.

"John, go find Alias or Luna, will be back soon", he furrows his eyebrows then gets up to find them.

I go towards the door we came inside, the brothers are all standing there dressed in the same black clothes as each other. 

I ignore everyone else as I walk up to Blaze. Maze and Matteo watch as the scene unfolds in front of them.

"How are you doing, Samara", he asks shaking my hand. I don't know how I felt about seeing him, maybe I was... relieved?

"Well", I reply turning towards the rest of the brothers. They all held a blank face, looking towards me. Enzo and Ezra nod towards me before going to talk to Matteo and Maze. I feel Azar's gaze on me, but I ignore him making him follow behind his brothers. Bently gives me a light smile, before following Azar.

I turn my head towards them, look at Matteo being so strong.

"Did they cause you any trouble", I turn towards Blaze causing him to grin. 

"No, using you to threaten them really does the job", he smiles, pushing back his hair.

"I heard about what Azar said to you and I am so sorry. I yelled at him and he got into a lot of trouble, I don't think I had ever seen Ezra so mad before", he says in disbelief.

"It's okay", I look around and see a few more mafia cars pull up.

"I really hope the best for your family", he says before walking off and pulling out his flask.

I greeted everyone making sure they arrived safely. The only thing that surprised me was that the Russians didn't come due to some 'major complications. The Russian mafia is ruthless, they will do whatever it takes for more power. They are dangerous, sure they have disgusting ways but for them, it's mafia above all. 

Mafia should be above all.

I see Bellamy and Rafael step out of their car. Fucking son of a bitch.

Bellamy keeps a glare on his face whereas Rafael gives me a smile. 

Fake ass bitch.

Everyone was inside except the three of us and a few guards. 

"Samara, I'm so sorry to hear about Rico", he gives me a look of pity. 

I'm sure.

"You have our condolences", Bellamy speaks, clearing his throat. 

I nod. I see Luna and Maze, giving me a thumbs-up before going back inside. 

I take out my gun and point it towards Bellamy's head.

"What are you doing", Rafael asks, stepping towards me. Bellamy takes out his gun and points it at my head making all the guards outside do the same to him.

"What are you doing", Bellamy seeth's giving me a harsh glare.

"An eye for an eye", is all I say before a few guards come behind them injecting something into their necks. Their eyes close and their legs give up on them.

"Take them to the main building, put them in separate rooms, tie them down, but no one touches them. I'll be there as soon as I can to deal with them", I command, the guards are quick to drag the two towards a car.

I look up.

Breath.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.