Chapter 23

I run towards John first and quickly untie his hands

I run towards John first and quickly untie his hands. I hold his face in my hands and slowly drop my Samara facade.

"Your, okay I'm right here. I'm so sorry this happened, it's all my fault. Your not hurt are you", I question inspecting him.

"I'm okay, I'm just happy to see you", he smiles and I pull him into a hug.

I then untie Mateo, Maze, and finally Rico.

"How did this happen? Are you okay? Did they do anything", I question him with a worried look.

"Don't worry everything's okay", he laughs at my questions.

"Now, what's going on with you and the Italians", he asks in a different tone while placing his hands on my shoulder.

"We will talk later", I give him a reassuring nod.

He gives me a hug. 

This is where I belong, with him.

"Group hug", John yells. Bringing the trio over to us, while the brothers stand awkwardly watching us.

"Fine, but never again", I say in a stern voice.

"Ya, ya, will see", Matteo smiles sheepishly.

We hug for what felt like an eternity, but no one really wanted to let go.

We finally pull apart and stand in a circle.

"Let's go", I look around at the five. We all turn around to leave but stop at the sound of a bullet.

I whip my head around as I hear a scream echo.

There I see Rico with his hand on his stomach going towards the ground.

Matteo catches Rico in his arms and slowly sits down crying with his brother in his lap.

The rest of us all run towards him.

This can't be happening. No, he's going to be fine.

I bend down towards him. Holding in everything.

The bullet went right through his stomach. He was losing too much blood.

"You're going to be okay, it's just a bullet, will get you taken care of and everything will be fine", I move the hair's from his face and give him a smile.

"Don't just stand there, bring me a doctor and get the son of bitch who did this", I roar towards the brothers. Enzo and Ezra quickly pull out their phones and start calling someone, Azar runs towards where the bullet came from on the roof. Blaze and Bently look at the scene before them with worried eyes.

Maze is silently crying while consoling John, who's terrified of what could happen.

"Stop crying, everything's going to be fine", I snap at everyone.

"It's okay, maybe this is my last chapter", Rico grabs my hand and holds it in his as a stray tear falls down his eye.

"NO, don't say that. I need you, we need you. Your job isn't done, you made me promise that this time would be different. You said that you will always be with me. Now fight. You have to. Your brother, John, Maze, you can't leave us", I plead with my voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't fulfill all of my promises, but I will always be with you. I don't have to worry about anything else because I know they'll have you. Make me one last promise, you will live for me. I see your sadness, but just know that your family is always here ", he fights the pain as the tears roll down his face.

"Matteo, I love you so much. You were all I ever needed. From the second you were born and I held you in my arms, I knew I had to protect you. Don't be sad, I-I will love you until my last breath, I just didn't know it would be so soon", Rico crooks out.

"Rico no, I'm no one without you. You can't leave me", Matteo sobs, clutching on to Rico.

"Where's the doctor", Maze yells.

"Maze and John, I want you two to get everything you ever want in life. As my best friends, you deserve it. Take care of each other, please", he says with a smile.

He was losing too much blood. I try to stop it.

"Sage, just stop. It's okay", he cries.

"Rico, you can't leave me", I whisper out.

"I love you, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to say", he whispers before he closes his eyes.

"Wake up, wake up", I hear John yell.

I lightly lay my lips on Rico's.

"May we meet again", I whisper as my voice cracks.

I slowly get up pulling Matteo up with me as he sobs on my shoulder. I give Maze a quick nod telling her it's time to go.

"Blaze, can you do me a favor by having the body ready to take back to Spain? Also, find me the guy for tomorrow's meeting", I say to Blaze in a light voice while I stroke Matteo's back.

"We don't need-"No", I interrupt him with a deadly glare.

I turn around basically dragging us to the limo.

"DRIVE", I yell to the driver once we sat in.

"We can't just leave, Rico", John cries while clinging to me.

I put John and Matteo's heads on my lap while stroking their hair to get them to stop crying. Maze looks out the window while silently crying.

I lay my head back and close my eyes. I feel numb. When I saw Rico close his eyes, it was like any bit of hope I had was gone. I didn't shed a tier, I wanted to feel something. How was I going to live my life without him, like I didn't lose one of the most important people in my life?

Love is weakness.

Did you like this chapter.

Remember to vote and comment.