Chapter 8: Surroundings

Once I finished eating, Dream took my plate and placed it in the sink.

He sat back in his chair across from me and stared at me. I took in the feeling of sitting in a chair and remembered how grateful I was to still be alive.

A smile crossed my face, the first one since I got here, and I heard a remark from Dream.

"Why are you smiling?"

I answered truthfully, "I'm appreciating all the things in life, I took for granted like...chairs."

He left out a wheeze and died of laughter, I laid my head in my arms on the table.

"Y'know what, I've never really thought about it like that." He laughed at me some more.

I was weirded out at the mostly normal conversation we had, it was odd, to say the least.

After his laughter died down and he stood up from the table, I followed suit. He took me up another flight of stairs, taking me to the second floor of the house. 'What are we doing up here?'

He opened a door at the end of the hall and ushered me inside. The room felt like my apartment like I had constant eyes on me and it definitely wasn't from Dream.

He whispered into my ear, "Welcome to your new home, Georgie."

I was confused as hell, "Wait...what do you mean new home?"

He wrapped his arm around my neck, "Remember how I said, I tweaked your little deal?"

"Y-Yeah?" I looked into his smile mask.

"Well, you will now stay up here as I can keep a better eye on you up here, than in the dark basement."

All I could do was look at him, my mind was still trying to process everything.

He got ready to leave the room, "Oh and if you ever need me just call for me, I'll definitely hear you, Georgie. Also, let me get something for you, I'll be right back." He left the room and locked it.

I stood there paralyzed, 'What the hell just happened?'

I sat on the edge of the twin-size bed and processed everything, yet I was still unable to shake the horrible feeling of being watched.

After a minute, Dream returned but with a small sharp knife, it was the one he cut me with, while in the basement.

Soon I put all the points together and knew what he wanted, my blood.

'What's with his obsession with my blood?'

He walked over to me, "Georgie, be a good boy now."

I shook my head but it wasn't what the answer he wanted, so I spoke, "I-I will"

"Good boy" Dream talked to me as if I were a dog or puppy in training.

I shifted my head and neck as he got closer, exposing my neck completely to him, earning me more praise from Dream.

'Why do I like his praise?'