Chapter 32: Dilemma

Dream started rubbing my back and saying comforting things.

"Please make it stop, Dream." I cried out.

"What's wrong, Georgie?" Dream asked.

I hugged Dream tighter, as I spoke the truth, "I'm seeing shadows everywhere and the noise, it won't stop."

He sighed, "George, I can help you but you have to let go of me if you want me to help."

I slowly let go of Dream and he got up. I kept my eyes shut and curled back up on the bed. I soon had to put my hands over my ears again, as the scratching got louder.

I could barely hear anything else and started to panic a bit too much. My breathing quickly got out of hand and I started to hyperventilate. My vision was almost completely black, but I could still see smaller bits of the room.

My body soon gave out on me and my tensed-up body eased up completely, I could move but it all felt delayed.

My ears rang loudly and I felt myself losing all consciousness.

Dream said something, but it was too muffled to hear clearly. He lifted my head and I felt something in my neck.

I tried to say Dream's name a few times but I think they came out as whispers instead.

My body went limp and I passed out in Dream's arms.

----------

I opened my eyes and saw I was now standing in the long vintage-looking hallway.

I felt hands on my shoulders and jumped, turning around quickly.

There was nothing there but yet there totally was. I saw the outline of something but decided it was best to just move forward.

I turned back around and progressed forward.

I walked at a slow but steady pace and took note of all the environmental changes.

The walls decayed and rotted away, the vintage-red carpet had large holes in it, and most of the lights were dimmed while others flickered on and off.

The feeling of being watched was all too familiar to me, as I pushed forward.

I looked forward and spotted a familiar mask hanging from one of the lights.

I went over and pulled it down. I examined it and it looked no different than how it looked the last time I saw it.

I put it on my head, placing it on the side of my head so I could still see, like last time.

I eventually came across a split in the hall, I now had two choices, which both lead to strange dead-ends.

Head left and look at a tall golden-brown mirror or right and look at a smaller inky black mirror.

After I thought about it for a while, I decided to go to the left and look at the golden-brown mirror.

I walked up to it and it seemed completely normal, with no oddities or anything like that.