Chapter 58: Desperate

Once I moved back out to the living room, I could just tell Tubbo was concerned.

"Are you really okay, George?"

"I'm better now, it was just one of my dreams is all."

"Mm'k just wanted to see if you were okay." Tubbo then continued happily, "Good news, the person is most likely not in the area anymore so I and Tommy will be leaving soon."

"That's good, at least I know I'll be safe outside today."

***

After Tommy and Tubbo left, my parents had just arrived at my apartment.

I said bye to Patches and locked my door on the way out. Only to receive a concerning message from Dream.

'Hey, your parents are out front, Georgie.'

I sent a message back before leaving my doorstep, 'Alright, where the fuck are you?'

My phone pinged and looked at it while traveling to my parent's car, 'If you can find me, I'll leave you mostly alone till tonight, but if you can't within every thirty minutes that passes, I'll make your life a "living hell". ;)'

'What's with that damn winky face? What is he planning on doing?'

Once I got in my parent's car, we exchanged greetings and I texted Dream back, as I was quite curious, 'Why are you doing this, Clay? Also any rules?'

Dream texted me back immediately, 'There's my snowflake, as for rules there aren't many. Just that every thirty minutes you can't find me, you receive a punishment. I can come out of hiding but only at the time mark, to give you your punishment. Afterward, I get five to ten minutes to go back into hiding. Also, I'll be staying within a half-mile radius of you at all times. :)'

I sighed then texted Dream again, 'Fine, you're on, Clay.'

***

After a while of driving, I started to get antsy.

To me, this was Dream testing my skills to see how much I've learned and how aware I could be.

We started with eating at a restaurant as my parents nor I had eaten this morning.

I wore my sunglasses and kept my eye out for Dream. Practically looking everywhere within my sight.

After we ordered we started talking, my mom kicked off the conversation, "So, how have you been lately George?"

"I'm still struggling with my sleep but besides that, I've been okay, mom."

My dad chimed in, "Still having those bad nightmares?"

"Yeah, I can't exactly control them and I think they've actually been getting worse recently."

"I thought they were just getting better, George." My mom chimed in.

"With the more recent cases, they've been getting closer and closer to my home so I can only guess that's why," I explained.

"George, you should really move back in with us, if they're getting closer to your apartment, it'll be safer for you if you do."