Chapter 49: Shut Out [End of P1]

It's been a few days and Karl has visited me every one of those days.

I knew he was trying to get information out of me as he was much more obvious than most when asking me questions. He was probably doing this for the police but I could care less, as I didn't give him any more information than I needed to.

As of today I would finally be discharged from the hospital and see my family for the first time in two months.

A nurse came in giving me some normal civilian clothes and I got them on quickly after the nurse left.

I placed Patches in the pet carrier and got ready to leave.

I waited for a bit and Wilbur came in to escort me out, as I was under witness protection so I was kept far away from the media and news outlets.

Wilbur told me that they didn't want Dream knowing I was still alive, as he might just come after me and go on a full-on manhunt for me. I didn't really care if Dream knew I was alive or not, I just wanted him with me.

I picked up the pet carrier and followed Wilbur out the back of the hospital where a car was waiting on me.

Wilbur and I got in and I was taken to my parent's home.

They would be probably be shocked to see me, as the police made sure no one was told that I was alive, including my own family.

Wilbur and I got out, while I grabbed Patches' carrier and joined Wilbur.

He rang the doorbell and I stood next to him.

I was a little nervous about seeing my parents again, only because I've changed so much. My behavior, emotions, appearance, and personality were completely different from how I used to be. I also still had to wear an eye patch for a few more days which didn't help with my appearance.

The door was soon answered by my mother and she burst into tears at the sight of me. Wilbur stepped to the side and my mother rushed over hugging me, "George, you're alive!"

I reluctantly hugged back, as I wasn't much of a hugger anymore unless it was Dream I was hugging, "Yes, I'm alive mom."

"This...it's not some dream, you're actually here." My mother cried out.

My dad soon showed up because of the loudness outside and he was shocked as well but joined in on the hug.

After the somber-filled hug broke, my mother cupped my face and asked, "What happened to your face, dear?"

My eye was now a duller color, a light blue in comparison to my other dark brown eye. My light blue eye was completely blind and if I were to open it, I would only be able to make out shapes and colors. It didn't help I had an extensive teardrop wound on that side of my face either.

I pointed to Wilbur, "Wilbur will explain everything, I just wanna get acclimated to this house again right now."

I walked into their home with Patches cage in hand and they took Wilbur into the living room to talk more about me.

I walked into my old room, closed the door, and let Patches out. I sat on the bed and she explored the new surroundings.

I lightly chuckled as she explored every nook and cranny of my room.

After she was done exploring everything, she hopped on my bed and then onto my lap.

I pet her head and laid back a bit, realizing I'd probably never see Dream again. A heavy sadness washed over me and I could only wish to see Dream again.

***

After A long time, my mother came into my room and spoke with me.

She looked at Patches, "I see you have a new friend, George."

"Yeah, her name is Patches, she's helped me through a lot." I fakely smiled a bit.

"I'm just glad to see that you're alive, after you being gone for two months." My mom looked like she was going to cry again.

I got up and hugged her, "Mom, I'm alive and that's all that matters."

"If you're hungry I'll be making lunch soon, so if you want to eat you can."

"Thanks, mom, I'll eat whatever you make, as I've missed you're cooking quite a bit."

And with that, my mother left the room and I looked around my old room a bit more.

I looked at my dresser and spotted my old clout goggles. I slightly chuckled at the sight of them and picked them up.

They were a birthday gift from my parents when I was around ten years old. I put them on and was surprised that they still fit me.

'Well, I guess they were always big on me when I was younger.'

I put them on the top of my head and felt loneliness creep up on me.

I wanted the feeling of Dream's smile mask, it was comforting and calming to the touch. Something that could never be achieved by my old sunglasses.

I took them off and put them back down on the dresser, deciding to wear them in public if necessary.

All I could think about was Dream, as I knew he would always be there for me in my time of need.

I pulled off the eye patch and went into the bathroom to see how bad my eye really was.

I looked into the golden-brown rimmed mirror, I was a little shocked but sighed understanding it was permanent. My expression had more of a pissed-off look, I wasn't happy about seeing my family at all, more just nervous and stressed out about it.

Happiness wasn't really an emotion I could feel anymore, as I really only felt happy around Dream and Patches. But now that Dream and I were separated from each other, I wasn't really happy anymore. I was happy to be able to get out of that fire and to see Karl at first but that was it, I haven't really felt it since then.

I put the eye patch back on and left to go to the kitchen, with Patches following close behind me.

_______________________________________

Word Count: 1,046

In the next part: George will have to manage a double life. One with Dream and the other with Karl and the police.

With the combination of my Wattpad and AO3 accounts for deciding the ending of this book/story, I gonna try and make the ending as happy as I can, but knowing me I'll still somehow find a way to make it a little bit sad.

Rewriting me here: This is probably going to be one of the last updates to this for a long while, as my school is starting back up so I'm going to be quite busy with that. (I'm actually taking about double the course load this year, so I'm sure that you guys can understand why.)

Just wanted to let you guys know before I drop off the face of the earth for a bit. But I can say that I will most likely be back around early December or late January, just depends on how things go for me.

~Lizzar (っ * ㅅ * )っ🎔