Chapter 47: Rescue

Patches and I sat there for so long that we were both quivering. She didn't leave my arms once, as we were both quite cold.

I looked at the rest of my body and I had some burns on one of my legs. My one eye felt completely dysfunctional, as it was the side of my face that got hit with that hot debree.

After I was done examining myself, that's when I heard sirens growing closer.

I teared up, 'Finally, some help.'

I coughed badly and I looked to the road, waiting for rescue.

Eventually, I spotted two firetruck's and several police vehicles showing up.

I struggled but I stood up and slowly made my way to them. Patches clung to my chest, as I struggled through the snow, with a slight limp.

I was quickly spotted by two of the policemen and they rushed over to me.

"You okay!" The one policeman yelled with a British accent.

"No, I-" I was cut off by my coughing.

"Shlatt, go get a medic!" The British policeman yelled to, presumably his partner.

The other shook his head and ran to the road, to get a medic.

The British policeman spoke, as he seemed to recognize me, "Wait...Your George Davidson, right!?"

"Yes...Why?" I spoke weakly.

"We need to get you out of here, now."

All I could do is cough and shake my head in response to him.

He helped me to the main road and Patches swatted at the people trying to help me.

"It's okay, girl," I spoke to Patches and that seemed to mostly calm her down.

"George, hand me the cat. You can get her back later, but right now you need treatment." The British policeman said.

I was a little upset but still gave Patches to him and a woman then came over and started treating my burns to the best of her ability.

She spoke, as she treated me, "Karl, talks a lot about you, George. I'm glad we've finally found you."

"Wait...Karl?!" I was surprised to hear Karl's name.

She kept me distracted, "Yep, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear you're alright."

I smiled and tears poured from my eyes, 'Karl's worried about me.'

As soon as she was done she spoke, "This is all I can do for now, but I'll need to transport you to the hospital, for better treatment."

***

I was transported, to the nearest hospital soon after and received countless amounts of treatment for my burns.

I couldn't even really use my one eye anymore, so they couldn't do much for me, besides a few eye drops to see if it would help at all. But besides that, I was told that I'd probably be completely blind in that eye for the rest of my life.