Chapter 13: Reality

I awoke on my side, I stood up and looked at my surroundings.

A field of gray flowers, with a bright red sky. I looked in front of me and saw a hooded figure.

I rushed over to them just wanting some answers, about this place.

I tugged on its cloak and turned around.

It crouched down, "Hi there George, I wasn't expecting to see you again. How are you?"

I didn't know how to respond to it, "I-I...um...I'm fine."

I chuckled in a god-like manner, "That's good."

I finally asked, "What happened to all the colorful flowers?"

"They've always been like this since you've shown up, in a constant state of decay." It picked one of the flowers and lifted it to show me.

"Decay?" I questioned taking the flower from the creature.

"Yes, they're always rotting away, it's sad to watch." It sounded very sad.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They absorb too much of the land and die because of their foolishness." It sounded agitated.

I looked at the black tree, "Then...what about that."

"Ah...Yes...It's been like that because of you and your ways."

"What? Why is it my fault?" I got aggressive with the creature.

"Because you've taken too much as well." It remained calm.

"Too much of what!?" I yelled, now annoyed by the creature and its half-assed answers. I continued, "Listen if you're not going to give me an answer, I'm going to leave."

It didn't answer and just remained quiet.

I huffed, "Fine...I just want to find Dream, bye."

Just as I turned around and was about to leave, but was stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my wrist. "Let me go!" I yelled.

A familiar voice spoke, "But Georgie, whatever happened to our little deal?"

I turned around, "Dream?" I looked at the masked man holding onto my wrist tightly.

I dropped my guard and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Georgie, I'm sorry, you don't remember me. It's all my fault, you're like this."

"Why is it your fault?" I asked Dream.

"Because I left you alone and you absorbed too much of the land." He explained before continuing, cupping my face, "I'm sorry, I edged you onto the brink of death."

"Why is it your fault?" I repeated, lifting his mask to reveal his mouth.

"I'm sorry that I ever asked you, about what would Dream think?"

I was confused, "What do you mean, your right here with me Dream?"

"Oh, so you really thought I was Dream, how dense are you, ̶G̶e̶o̶r̶g̶e̶." Its voice was like Dream's but distorted.