Chapter 45: Water

I awoke to Dream being missing from the bed.

I looked around the room, 'He's probably downstairs.'

Dream hasn't done anything horrible to me, for a few days. He's instead been treating me with nothing but kindness and compassion. He lets me do practically anything in the house. Making me regrettably fall head over heels for him, once again.

I got up from Dream's bed with a yawn and grabbed a shirt out of Clay's closet, putting the oversized shirt on over my collar.

I traveled downstairs to the kitchen and spotted a shirtless Dream cooking some breakfast.

I attacked him with a hug from behind, "Hey, Clay!"

I startled Dream, "Jesus fuck, you know not to do that, George."

"I don't care, punish me then." I always loved the ways he punishes me now.

"How about I do that later, huh Georgie?"

I pouted, "Fine."

I let go of Dream and looked around the kitchen, I sat at the table, "Hey, is Sapnap still not back yet?"

"Yup, still won't contact me."

"It's only been three days, has he done this before?" I asked.

"Yeah, he leaves sometimes for full weeks at a time. I'd give it a week and if he's not back by then, I'll probably have to go look for him, like always." Clay explained with a sigh.

Patches jumped up on the table, distracting me, "Oh, hi girl."

"Are you even listening, anymore?"

I pet Patches, "Nope"

Dream sighed, "Damn it, George. You have the attention span of a three-year-old sometimes."

***

Once we were done eating, Dream gave me my daily 'medicine' and went into the living room.

I joined Dream and so did Patches.

I sat leaning on Dream as we watched the news together.

It was mostly relaxing till Dream got pissed off for no reason. He stormed out of the room, as I turned my attention to the TV. I was extremely shocked by what I saw.

The heading on the TV read as, 'One of the two remaining Smiley Killer's, Nick better known as Sapnap, has finally been arrested. Local authorities are close to finding the last Smiley Killer, as we speak.'

I was left stunned after reading it, 'Holy shit...'

'Wait...what does this mean fo-' My thoughts were cut off by a large noise, coming from the basement.

Patches jumped into my arms, she was terrified. I held her for a bit to calm her down and let go of her once she was a little calmer. She hid behind the couch and I went down to the basement to investigate the noise.

Once I went down and opened the door, I saw a very angry Dream pacing the room, talking to himself.

I poked my head in and spoke calmly, "Clay, you okay?"

"No, I'm fucking not!" Dream shouted at me before continuing angrily, "He up and got himself arrested, fucking idiot!"

"Clay please calm down, this isn't going to get you anywhere." I tried to reason with Dream.

"Like hell, I'm gonna calm down!" Dream picked up his stool and threw it, probably for the second time today.

I flinched at the force he used to throw it with, I was a little impressed that the stool hadn't broken yet.

I went over to Dream and tugged at my collar, "Clay, you can play with me till you feel better, ya'know."

"George, not now...I'd probably strangle you to death right now."

I pouted and pulled him into a hug, whether he liked it or not, "Please, I don't like it when you're like this."

"George...stop it." Dream was annoyed.

"No, not till you calm down!" I shouted.

Dream seemed to be a bit calmer, "George stop, I don't wanna hurt you again."

I let go of Dream, letting my arms glide down Dream till they hit my sides in absolute defeat. I felt my tears welling up, 'Why am I crying? Am I sad? Or am I just scared to lose Dream?"

I held back my tears and went back upstairs, only crying once I laid on the sofa. Patches appeared and pawed me, trying to cheer me up. She eventually just curled up at my side, as I let everything out.

My pent-up emotions got the best of me and I started to have 'those' conversations with myself again.

I left all my tears out just as Dream came back upstairs and in the living room. He saw my broken state and looked sad as well.

Dream came over to me and even he couldn't use his words, "I-I...um...I."

'He probably doesn't even know what to do for me.'

I sat up and just couldn't stop crying till Dream sat and hugged me, in a slow swaying motion. I grabbed onto his back and grabbed him tightly leaving slight scratches on his bearskin.

Dream clung tightly to me, "I-I'm sorry for scaring you, Georgie. I-I...um...I didn't mean it, I'm sorry."

Dream kissed the top of my head and brought me on top of his lap, trying to ease me. He rocked me in a slow sway, "Better now, Georgie?"

I moved my arms around his neck, I got more intimate than normal with Dream. I hid my face in his neck, "A little..."

He let out a small chuckle, "That's good, I don't like seeing you melt away like that."

Dream is always cryptic when it comes to his emotions, but I quickly learned how to decipher his emotions as soon as he opened up more to me.

What he really was saying was more along the lines of, that he didn't like seeing me cry.

***

Dream and I cuddled for a while on the sofa before I asked, "What now? Now that Sapnap was arrested."

"Well, Sapnap and I always had a plan if this ever happened. But I can't tell you, as it would ruin our plan."

I pouted on Dream's lap, 'You never tell me any of your plans, Dream. Maybe one day you'll tell me.'

Dream changed the topic, "Anyways, Christmas is in a week, and I got you something. You'll really like it, Georgie."

'I've completely forgotten how long I've been here. A month and a half have flown by fast.'

'I wonder what Dream could have gotten me?...'

_________________________________

Word Count: 1,050