Chapter 40: Melting Away

I don't know how long it's been since I've even seen any remote sunlight.

I only saw two rooms now, the darkroom and the main room of the basement. And even then I wasn't allowed to leave the darkroom at all.

I've felt myself going insane from my newest daily routine.

Wake up, talk to myself, eat if Dream desires to even feed me, he gives me medications, talk to myself some more, let Dream fuck me if he feels like it but he rarely does it anymore, go back to sleep and think about what Karl could be doing.

I didn't even talk anymore, because Dream told me to 'shut up' once and I did...permanently.

It didn't help that I could still barely walk properly, as my leg wound wasn't healing properly and had actually opened back up at least twice. I think Dream misjudged how deep it was initially and even then it's not like I cared about myself anymore.

It even took a good while before my shoulder healed, as well. But they could both be the result of my body's low amount of nutrition I've been receiving.

I only wore a large hoodie and shorts, as they were the only things Dream allowed me to wear, so the brutal cold of the basement didn't really get to me much anymore.

The door opened to the darkroom as usual, but I was caught off guard, as it was Sapnap not Dream.

"Hey, I just wanna talk for a bit." Sapnap waved.

I heard him, but I acted as if I didn't hear anything at all. I could only hope he'd leave my damaged self alone.

He sat down in front of me and placed food in front of me, "My peace offering."

I took it and ate quickly before he could take it away from me like Dream does sometimes to taunt me.

"Hey, hey, slow down, George. I don't need you choking." Sapnap went to touch me and I scooted as far back as possible.

"I'm going to hurt you, George. Just calm down, alright."

I made myself visibly upset for Sapnap, 'Calm down?!...Calm down my ass!'

Sapnap groaned, "This is going to be like talking to a damn wall."

I would have chuckled at that comment but I didn't exactly know how to anymore, as I was too scared and broken to do so.

Sapnap mumbled something to himself and then spoke to me, "So, have you noticed anything off about Dream lately?"

'Heh...like I pay attention to him anymore.' I shook my head 'No'.

"Shit really...Damn it, I thought you may know since he spends most of his time down here with you."

'Ha...you think he cares about me, what a good joke.' I stared blankly at Sapnap.

He sighed, "Guess I should tell you what's been going on then."

I tilted my head, 'What's been going on?'

"Well, Dream left out of the blue yesterday, he told me to take care of you for a bit till he gets back and then left."

'Oh wow...that psycho finally left...yay...' My thoughts were extremely sarcastic.