Chapter 68: Defending

The days flew by quickly.

I was now constantly on Dream about Karl, I just wanted the truth from him. But whenever I brought up Karl, Dream brushed it off by saying that he wasn't doing anything to Karl.

I knew full well he was lying straight to my face and eventually took matters into my own hands. I never left Dream out of my sight, till one day I did and he left without a trace.

I looked everywhere around my apartment and then I even went to Dream's temporary house. But even then I found nothing, no trace of himself was there anymore. I even tried to message him and still got nothing from him.

Today I decided to watch the news like a hawk and I was thankful I did, as there were more killings I had no clue about.

There were five victims found in the woods and two more were found in the city more towards where Niki and Karl lived. But thankfully they weren't killed yet and I knew there was a limited amount of time remaining for Karl.

Once I heard they had all died of overdosing, I knew there was no way this was just Dream's doing, Bad had to have involved himself in this somehow.

I immediately texted Karl, "Hey Karl, can I come over in a little bit?"

"Yeah, but what's wrong? You've never wanted to come to mine and Niki's place before."

"I'll explain it when I get to you, but also is Niki by chance there?" I asked.

"No, she actually just left to head to work, why?"

"As I said, I'll tell you when I get to you." I texted before leaving my apartment in a rush.

I put on my sunglasses and locked the door on my way out, immediately making a mad dash across the city to Karl.

I was entirely out of breath by the time I was half a mile away from Karl's place.

I caught my breath and walked the remainder of the half-mile to Karl's.

***

I rang the doorbell once I arrived and Karl answered with a worried look on his face.

Once I was let inside and Karl had closed the door, he spoke with concern, "Since your here now, George. You wanna explain what's wrong?"

I hesitated to try to figure out how to word it to Karl, "Karl..." I paused for a while before I finally knew how to word it, "Karl, it's about Dream...H-He..."

Karl's eyes when wide at the mention of Dream, "What?! What about Dream?!"

"I...I think Dream plans on killing you today, but it's really just a feeling more than anything." I continued, "I don't know why but I've been having a weird feeling for a while now about this." I then added, "Besides, this house feels exactly like how mine did right before I was kidnapped."

"Wait...then-"

Our conversation was cut short, due to a loud crash of most likely a now broken window.

I immediately sprung into action and whispered to Karl, "Karl, we need to leave or hide like, now!"

Karl then quickly nodded in agreement with me and fear in his eyes.