Chapter 71: Clay's Resolve & Bad's Insight

(Extra long chapter + Fair warning there are lots of Pov switches in this chapter. So it may be a little confusing for some.)

______________________________

Dream's/Clay's Pov

I awoke still laying down on the arm of the couch with Patches nearby.

I sat up and smelled food being made or it was already made. I got up and went into the kitchen only to see Bad had made us breakfast.

"Oh, good morning, Clay. I made us some breakfast." Bad said in a more cheerful tone, probably trying to keep my spirits high.

I got some utensils for myself before speaking, "Thanks, good morning to you as well, Bad."

***

After we were done eating Bad spoke up, "So after George gets better, what are you gonna do?"

I made a noise of slight confusion, only for Bad to then say with a sigh, "What I mean is...what are you going to do with Karl? I mean like, your not going to be able to hide him on this property for long, George will find him eventually."

I immediately responded, "I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

Bad sighed again, "Clay, in my opinion, you should really either tell George or just kill Karl." He continued, "Didn't you say that you wanted to get back at Karl for putting Sap behind bars."

"Yeah, but things have changed since we last talked," I said now unsure of what I was actually going to do to Karl.

***

The day passed by quickly and it was now nine at night and I was left to think about what I would do to Karl.

Just as I was deep in thought again, Bad rushed down the stairs and into the living room, "George is awake, Clay!" He said happily with a smile on his face.

I was a bit shocked and stood up quickly, "What, really?!"

"Yes," Bad said.

I immediately went upstairs and into our room, only to see him laying down with Rat on his chest, petting her softly.

"George!" I shouted out of joy that he was finally up. He sat up with a wince of pain and tears in his eyes.

I sat on the edge of the bed and hugged him, which looked to surprise him. I spoke soon after I started to hug him, "I was so worried, don't scare me like that ever again, Georgie."

"I'll try not to, but no promises." He weakly tried assuring.

A tear fell down my face as I started to profusely apologize to George, "George, I-I'm so sorry. I not going to hurt you like that ever again."

***

George's Pov

After Dream stopped apologizing, I looked at his face more.

Now noticing that his eyes were red and puffy from crying a lot, he also had a sad and guilty look on his face.

I softened my expression and pulled him into another hug.