Chapter 33: Manifesting

After Dream left, I took it upon myself to take Dream's mask.

It was placed on his desk, out in the open for me to get easily.

As soon as I grabbed it, I sat back down on the bed and just played with it, in a now dazed state.

That was when Dream came back into the room.

He was about to yell at me but stopped himself from doing it. He instead sighed and sat on the bed next to me, as I rubbed his mask with my thumbs.

Just like in my dreams, it was calming and comforting to the touch.

Dream tried several times to get my attention but I couldn't pull myself out of this hypnotizing state of touching his mask.

He got up and lifted my head, finally snapping me out of it.

"Dream?"

"Put my mask down, now." Dream sounded annoyed with me.

I put the mesmeric smile mask down on my lap.

"Good...Now tell me why you were touching my stuff?" I could tell Dream was angry.

"I-I...It's just...Your mask...It's." My speech was inconsistent and unsteady.

Dream pulled me back, "Tell me."

"You're mask it's...oddly comforting to me," I confessed.

He grinned at me, "That's the first time I've heard that one. Others usually say it's scary."

"I-I'm sorry, I touched it." I felt my guilt growing in my stomach.

He let out a light chuckle and gave me the water. I thanked him and drank all of it slowly, as my throat felt pretty dry lately.

Dream took his mask back and placed it back on his desk.

I felt emotionless and empty for some reason that I couldn't identify. That was until I spoke without thinking at all, "Killing seems fun..."

Dream immediately whipped his head around to me and my eyes went wide at the realization of what I had just said.

Dream lifted my head and I tried to avoid all eye contact possible.

I panicked mentally, 'That thought was just you're subconscious talking, you don't actually want that...right? Right, George?!'

"What the hell did you just say, George?" Dream questioned me immediately.

I desperately didn't want to answer Dream and panicked a little more, 'You just told a serial killer, that you think killing is fun...What the fuck do I do now?!'

I decided that there was no going back now and I spoke to Dream shakily, "I-I...Um..."

I tensed up and stated, "I-I feel like I...I want t-to kill something."

Dream's face lit up with a smile and he seemed a little too excited about this, "What do you want to kill? I'll get you whatever you want to kill, Georgie."