Chapter 79: Prisoner's Request

The next morning, I awoke to Dream petting my hair, as I laid comfortably on his chest.

I yawned and greeted Dream, "Good morning, Clay."

He chuckled with a smile and I noticed that he was in a good mood today, "And good morning to you too, Georgie."

"And why are you in a good mood, Clay?" I asked.

"Don't know, I'm just in a good mood for a change today." He smiled.

I rolled my eye playfully before kissing Dream softly. He returned it in seconds and said, "I love you, George. I hope you know that I'll protect you by any means necessary."

I softly smiled at his words and returned his heartwarming words, "I love you too, Clay."

***

After we had eaten, we cuddled up on the couch to watch some movies.

I sat on Dream's lap as he wrapped us in a large and soft blanket. Dream then asked, "Wanna watch a horror movie?"

"Hell no, Clay! I'm not watching a horror movie." I complained.

He let out a wheeze-like laugh, "Why not? You've done and seen far worse than what's in a movie."

I sighed, "It's not the blood and gore that gets to me, it's the fucking jump scares."

"Oh come on, Georgie it's-" He was cut off by his own wheezes of laughter, "-I'm right here so it won't be that scary."

I pouted in response, as I couldn't really oppose that fact.

***

I did eventually give in to Dream and he put on a horror movie and we were now about halfway through the movie.

There were already a few jumpscares, mainly just the characters scaring each other.

Dream's phone started ringing out of nowhere, which did make me jolt, and Dream chuckled at me for it. He picked up his phone from the coffee table and brought it close to us.

I saw that it was an unknown number and I could just immediately tell that Dream and I were thinking the same thing. This was either Bad with a new phone, cops, or someone just dialing the wrong number.

Dream muted the TV before talking, "Since the number is unknown, we don't know who this is so just stay quiet for me George, I'm putting it on speakerphone."

I nodded in response and Dream kissed the top of my head before answering and putting it on speakerphone so I could listen in.

Dream started, "Hello, may I ask who's calling?"

"Dream?!" A somewhat familiar voice spoke before answering Dream's original question, "Dream, it's me Sapnap!"

Dream and I both glanced at each other for a second before Dream spoke in a growl, most likely not believing this person, "Prove It!"

He sighed and spoke a phrase even I knew by now, "Parrots Are Happy."

I looked to Dream as we both knew what that phrase stands for, 'Police are here.'