Chapter 90: Picked Up

I awoke with a jolt and looked at where I was before remembering, that I broke into a house last night and that's where I stayed for the night.

It had looked mostly unlived in for a while so I could only assume that the homeowners were currently away or this was just how they lived and they just work at night. It didn't matter to me, as I was in the attic hiding in the one corner near a window that I could easily use to escape if necessary.

It helped that when I got here I had immediately taken a knife from the kitchen, as I was a little frightened to be on my own at a place that I didn't know at all.

I pressed my hand against my abdomen and nearly started crying from how badly it had been injured.

I got up and decided to rummage for some medical things for my arms and hands.

I cautiously left the attic and I looked through the house to see if anyone was home. There luckily wasn't and I let out a sigh of relief, as I didn't want to kill anyone that was unnecessary.

I went into the bathroom and found some medical things but not much.

I carefully tugged my hoodie off and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I did so. I had marks all over my chest and abdomen, hickeys, small and large black and blue bruises alike, small cuts, and terrible marks across my neck.

I soon cleaned and patched myself up to the best of my ability before putting my slightly bloodstained hoodie back on.

I did find a medical mask in there, so I could cover up my face to a better degree when I left here.

I went to the kitchen and searched the drawers for potentially a smaller weapon. I only found one and it was a multi-tool with a knife tool on it.

I put the knife I had originally taken back in its place before going into the one bedroom.

I went into the closet and quickly found a shirt and another hoodie that were both a tiny bit bigger on me. Once I got the fresher clothes on, I got my hoodie and double-checked over the house to make sure that everything was back in its place.

After I was done, I left out of the window I entered from. I put my hood up and tried my best to hide my face behind my hood and the medical mask I had found.

I shut the window on my way out and made my way down the street in the hopes of finding a gas station.

***

After a good thirty to forty-minute walk, I finally found a gas station, but the thing I found out while walking to it was that I was in the next state over.

I sighed knowing now that it would be a long while before Dream would find me, so I'd have to go with my original plan. Find someone with a phone and either ask to use it or steal it, either way, I needed to contact him no matter what.

I walked up to the gas station and took note of it being almost dead, with one car getting gas and a lone female cashier inside.

I huffed and double-checked over my appearance, mainly just to make sure most of my one eye was covered entirely.

I entered the gas station and decided to go with my first plan, simply just asking to use the phone of the cashier.