Chapter 16: Worry

I awoke still within the tree, uncomfortable as hell.

I had slight back pain and crawled out of the tree. Once I was out, I stood and stretched. Looking up to the sky it already looked about mid-day.

I then also realized, that Dream must still be searching for me. Once I finished stretching I tried to recall the way back but couldn't remember because was too in the moment.

I talked to myself, "You should have at least marked a tree, your such an idiot, George."

I walked for a bit in one direction and heard water nearby. I rushed to the source of water and saw a flowing river. I followed it upstream, hoping to find something nearby.

Eventually, I found a waterfall and sat down at its base on a large rock, too tired from all my walking.

The mist from the waterfall hit me and made my clothes slightly damp. I slid off the rock and decided to wait here for Dream. I held my knees to my chest and sat on the ground, crying ever so slightly, at the fear of being completely lost in the woods and alone.

***

The sun went down and I was still sitting at the base of the small waterfall, tired, alone, and hungry.

Once the sun was down completely I got up and look for somewhere I wouldn't be out in the open for wild animals and the elements.

Eventually, I found an opening in the cliff-face through the near pitch dark and squeezed into the small but safer cave.

I sat right next to the entrance, to see if Dream would ever come and find me.

***

Karl's Pov

I was at my home when I got the call from Sapnap.

"Hey, can you get to Dream's place, pronto, Karl?" Sapnap said over the phone.

"Yeah, but why, what's wrong?" I grew concerned, did the police find Dream's house or did he run into some kind of trouble.

Sapnap sighed, "He lost George in the woods and now wants our help with finding him."

"What the honk?!"

"Yeah, he wouldn't tell me all the details but be there as soon as possible. I gotta go." Sapnap explained.

"I'll be there in ten or fifteen minutes." I hung up, put on a coat, rushed to my car, and started driving.

***

I got there twelve minutes later and immediately saw Dream and Sapnap talking outside.

I parked and got out, "Dream, Sapnap what happened, where's George?"

Sapnap spoke up with anger in his voice, "So, Dream's lost George in the woods and can't find him."

I could tell Dream went to talk but was cut off by an angry Sapnap, "Dream he knows what we look like and if he's found by the police, he'll rat us out! Memory or not, he'll still rat us out!"