Chapter 26: Buddies

I took a few steps back and realized what I had just done.

'Did I just distract her? Why? What is wrong with me?!' I was frustrated with myself and let a few tears out because of it.

I spoke shakily, "D-Dream, I-I...you..."

Dream cupped my face in his hands and spoke calmly and softly, "You did good, Georgie. I'm proud of you."

Dream's praise...I loved it, I couldn't help but want him to praise me more.

He wiped my eyes with the palm of his hand, "No need to cry, you did great for me."

Dream let go of my face once I calmed down and he picked up the woman, he carried her over his shoulder and we went back to the cabin.

He let me inside the cabin this time, it had several weapons on a table and had barely any furniture from what I could see. It had a table or two, some chairs and a sofa. The floor was concrete and looked to be already stained with blood.

Dream tied the woman to a chair and told me to stay inside. He left, most likely to move her car elsewhere or get rid of the evidence.

I sat on the sofa for a while just watching the woman hoping she would wake soon, so I could explain some of this to her.

I eventually heard scratching at the door. I got up to investigate and opened the door.

It was a brown and white cat, it seemed to be ok with people, so it's probably a domesticated cat.

It crept into the cabin and hopped up onto the sofa, getting comfortable with it. I looked at the cat and analyzed it.

'It looked to be comfortable with this place, so maybe it's Dream's cat. He doesn't strike me as the type to own a cat, if he were to own an animal, it would probably be a big vicious dog or something like that.'

I pet the cat and it seemed perfectly fine with me touching it. I sat down on the sofa again and continued to pet it.

It eventually moved to my lap and I rubbed it gently with a small smile on my face.

***

It was quite relaxing until I heard the door open.

Dream didn't have his mask on anymore and looked a bit shocked.

I spoke up not waiting on Dream to start talking, "Hey Dream, is this your cat?"

He sighed and sounded a bit annoyed, "Yeah, her name is Patches."

I chuckled, "I never thought you were a cat person, Dream."

He hummed and moved the passed-out women out of the cabin. I followed him out and so did Patches.

The woman was placed in the backseat of Dream's car, still tied up. He soon got in the car and I tried to but was stopped by Patches.

Patches looked like she wanted to go with us, I then asked, "Dream can we bring Patches with us to the house?"

He was angry and huffed out, "Fine, but only because you're being good. Don't expect anything else from me today."