Chapter 20: Talking

It's been two and a half days, Dream and I still haven't spoken much at all.

Dream let me move around the house as I pleased, the only thing I didn't dare to do was try and escape. I wouldn't get very far even if I did try, as Dream kept the only door out padlocked at all times. Dream would constantly be watching me from a distance, just observing me.

It was creepy the first day but I adapted quickly to this new life of constantly being watched. Dream didn't make food for me so I had to fend for myself. I ate snack-like foods only because Dream wouldn't let me anywhere near the stove or microwave, he must have thought I'd try to burn the place to the ground. Which I would try but I'm not that stupid, I just wanted something to eat.

I sat down in the living room, munching on a granola bar slowly. Till I felt Dream's presence enter the room, he knew I'd avoid him any chance I got. I finished off the snack I had procured, got off the couch, and went to leave the room completely.

Only for once, Dream stopped me from leaving this time. He grabbed my arm tightly and I already felt my tears welling up. I was scared of any physical touch from Dream because of what he did.

"Dream?..."

He didn't reply, only tightening his grip, causing me pain.

"Dream, please...It hurts!"

He released me, I fell to the ground and I cowered in his presence. Tears poured from my eyes and my breathing picked up, as I stared at the floor.

Dream crouched down and picked my head up by my chin. He spoke menacingly with a growl, "George, we need to have a little chat, now."

He was pissed and I knew it, 'What did I do wrong? I'm scared.'

I shook my head but of course, it wasn't what Dream wanted and he spoke in a growl, "I will leave you in that damn basement again if you don't respond."

Tears constantly flowed from my eyes now, 'I don't want to go down there! I wouldn't last even a day down there!'

"Y-Yes" Was all I could get out, through my sobs.

"Stand, now." Dream demanded.

I stood up still slightly crying, I followed Dream upstairs and to his room. I didn't want to go back into that room but I had no choice but to listen.

"Sit on the bed and wait for me to come back." Dream instructed me before leaving the room.

I sat on the edge of the bed and quivered. 'What is he planning on doing?'

I played with my necklace, trying to calm myself down.

It mostly worked till Dream came back, needle in hand.

Dream smiled sadistically, "Now George, be good or I'll make sure it's painful for you."

He came over to me and spoke with a growl, "We're going to make this a daily thing now, so don't try to escape from this, George."

I sat as still as possible as the needle entered my skin.

Once Dream was done, he told me to leave his room. I listened and left the room, only entering my room to hide.

Over time I grew really drowsy over time and tried to fight my tiredness but it was useless, as I fell asleep soon after.

***

Another day or two passed with a routine that I didn't want.

Dream forcing me to take some drug and sleep for the rest of the day, having hellish nightmares in that field of flowers.

I woke up on my bed as usual but something was different about today. I walked into the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. I looked as if I hadn't slept in days, but I got larger and larger amounts of rest every day. It made no sense to me, so I left and went downstairs, nearly falling down the stairs twice.

Once I was at the bottom of the stairs, I saw Sapnap, Karl, and Dream in the kitchen.

'Why are they here?' My thoughts were slow and convoluted.

Karl stood, "Guess you guys can leave now."

Dream lifted his masked face a bit before the duo took their leave and I was left with Karl.

Karl was cheerful, "Hey there, George."

My mellow voice spoke, "Hi..." I started to trail off, into my thoughts.

"George, you don't look too good, are you okay?" I could hear the great concern in Karl's voice.

"Yes...No...I don't know anymore." I was unsure of my own thoughts.

"Okay, let's get you some fresh air, it might help." Karl tried to lighten the mood.

"Ok" I played with my necklace, as we went for a walk on the same trail as last time.

***

Once we were a fair bit in, Karl spoke, "Seriously, George you don't look too good. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I think I'm fine..." I trailed off again.

"George, what's Dream doing to you? You can tell me." Karl wanted me to open up.

I partially opened up with small lies sprinkled in, "Dream's been giving me something the past few days, it just makes me exhausted is all."

"Ok, since you don't look right in the head right now. I'll tell you what I've planned out so far." Karl continued, "I found a place for you to stay, it's an abandoned mall on the other side of the city."

"What?"

"Yeah, I found it yesterday and it looks pretty secure, so you should be safe there. If we can figure out a time, I could definitely take you there and get you out of that house." Karl explained.

"R-Really?"

"Yeah and you and I can both hide out there for a bit, till it's a little safer. But we need to figure out a time if we want this to work out, George."

"The next time you watch me would be the best time possible," I said.

"The only downside to that is the other two would know I took you since I would be the last one with you."

I had a thought, "What if you called anonymously into the police and told them about this location, then?"

"It's a good idea and once the others get back they would either be arrested or be forced to flee."

We continued our discussion a little more and then went back to the house.

Once we were in I immediately wanted to sleep and went upstairs into my room. Karl followed me up to my room.

I flopped onto the bed and went to sleep quickly, not even bothering to put the blanket on myself.

_______________________________________

Word Count: 1,169