Chapter 69: Parrots Are Happy

I awoke slowly but with a terrible headache.

I shot up and looked everywhere, now noticing that I was at Bad's place and on one of his hospital beds.

I looked around the room more before realizing that I was the only one in the room, "Dream? Bad?" I called for at least one of them.

I then noticed that there was a sharp pain on the side of my head, right next to my ear. Then feeling that I had been patched up there as well.

I waited for a while before Bad entered the room and said, "Oh you're up, George. That's good."

'I already knew Dream hit me with his ax but what happened after that and where is he?'

I immediately asked Bad, "Where's Clay?"

"He's going to be out for a while, so just don't worry about it," Bad answered.

"Oh...okay." I was extremely wary of Dream, as he was probably now dealing with Karl's body. Just the thought of that, made me tear up a bit.

I quickly stopped myself from crying, as this was the life I chose to live...this was the mistake I made.

Right before Bad left the room he asked, "So...ah, George. Do you like animals?"

I thought about Patches for a second but was concerned about the context, "I guess..."

Bad smiled and said, "Then wait right here, I'll be back."

'Not like I'm gonna go anywhere in the first place.' I sighed.

***

Bad came back within minutes and with a small white dog with medium-ish fur in his arms.

I sat up with a slight headache, now curious about the dog he was holding.

He started, "I don't normally bring her around my patients, so she might be a little yippy around you."

"That's alright, Bad." I gave Bad a slight smile.

Just as he placed the dog on my bed, it came up to smell me and I asked, "So, what's their name?"

"Oh, her name is Lucy but she also responds to rat."

"'Rat,' that's an odd name she would respond to." I added, now curious, "Why does she respond to that name?"

He let out a heavy sigh, "I blame Clay for that one."

I let out a small chuckle, 'Is there anything Clay hasn't done?'

Bad continued, now with slight aggression towards Dream, "He even called her a mop...A MOP I TELL YOU."

I bursted out in laughter at that, 'I mean he's not wrong, her fur reminds me of a mop as well.'

Bad softly smiled and said, "You haven't laughed like this in a good while have you, George?"

I simply just shook my head in response, as I was laughing too much to respond properly.

***