Rays Of Rescue

Chapter Twenty Five - Rays Of Rescue

Tori's POV

"This is not happening," Jessica said for the fifth time while pacing around in my room.

We left the party immediately after being aware of Ethan's presence. But the good part was we had a good excuse of our homework so no doubts.

"Well it is happening Jess,"

"No this can't be happening," Okay sixth one. I was actually counting it.

"Wait," She paused in her tracks as if realising something. "How are you taking it so lightly?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Finally you gave me a chance to speak,"

Her hands went up to her waist as a frown formed on her lips.

"What do you mean Tori?"

I sighed. "Can you keep a secret Jess?"

I guess someone should know about it so next time if Ethan does something stupid, they will know where I would be.

Her face tensed up as she came and sat beside me on the edge of bed.

She nodded cueing for me to start.

"Last night when I returned home late. I didn't witness any accident,"

I looked at her expecting a shocked reaction but I didn't find any. She was calm.

So I continued. "I was with Ethan,"

She raised her eyebrows at me. "So we were getting worried here and you were with your guy. Huh?"

My eyes grew wide. "No Jess. Thats not the way it sounds. I was- wait! First, he is not my guy okay? I was returning from somewhere. I don't when he got inside my car. I saw his reflection while driving. I was scared, so I immediately left the car-" I paused.

If I give her these dramatic details, she might think I'm lying.

But thats how it is! That guy is so dramatic that he had to attack me and take me to his house. Why couldn't he just talk to me right there?

Ugh!

"To make a long story short, he kind of knocked me out and when I was conscious again, I found myself in his house,"

Her eyes grew wide when I ended.

"And you didn't tell us? What if he did something worse?"

"I know. But that night I told him that I am over him and he should move on. I thought after telling this, I won't see him again and I didn't see any point in telling you guys about this and get you worried. I thought I've got this. But now I know that he's not come here to go back. And now when I don't feel safe, I decided to tell you so you'll know about my where abouts if the jerk repeats the same,"

"Tori we should go to the police. Don't you understand? He's stalking you. He has kidnapped you once Tori. Tell me what helps you believe he won't do anything worse in future?"

I sighed heavily knowing what she was saying is perfectly right.

"But he didn't do anything Jess. We can't let the cops after him. And that night, I just told him that I need to get home and he let me go. No violence,"

She let out a laugh at this. "So you want me wait for him to start violence again?"

I gulped at the word 'again'.

She started walking towards the door.

She twisted the knob and before walking out she turned, "Mark my words Tori. History repeats itself," She said this and walked out of the room, leaving me here with a chill running down my spine at the choice of her words.