Unaware

I'm late!

And Chapter is short!

And most importantly I'm sorry! Really sorry people! Now I won't take long.

Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Two - Unaware

Tori's POV

I hung my backpack around my shoulders and started for the building with Jess.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked.

I nodded.

"You can still go back home. I really think you should take a leave today. You seem tired,"

"You, Luke and Aiden returned home at the same time as me. Actually you all reached back after I did. Are you three taking a leave?"

She shook her head. "But you look exhausted Tori,"

"So do you Jess,"

She slapped her forehead. "I'm sorry Ma'am. Lets get going," She motioned for me to walk towards the school building.

I laughed. "Really Jessica. I'm okay,"

"Okay then," She said as we stepped into the school.

I was really glad we had the first class same today.

Maths!

Actually, I guess we all have this class. Me, Jess, Luke, Aiden and Dean.

Where was Dean anyway?

And honestly, I don't know how to face Aiden today.

There are mainly two reasons. First, my really stupid one-sided conversation with him on the phone yesterday, which only I thought was one-sided since he was listening to all of it.

Second, he would ask me where I was last night and I know I can't lie to his face. He is not going to take anything I'll tell him about that fake story and he won't leave my back unless I tell him the truth!

And, I can't tell him anything about Ethan yet!

Which further means that I am officially screwed. Hence, Proved!

I shook my head at my own thoughts and entered the classroom. As I was expecting, Dean wasn't in the class again.

I mentally made a note of calling him after the school.

Luke was sitting on the second last bench waiting for Jess. I waved at him as I walked towards the seat behind his.

He waved back smiling at me. When I was sitting on my seat, Luke looked back and asked, "You alright?"

I simply nodded, smiling.

"That must be really exhausting. Spending hours in the police station. Isn't it?"

I was going to ask him about how he knew about it but then I realised that Jess must have told him.

I shrugged. "Not as exhausting as searching for someone throughout the city. A big city I must add,"

He laughed, rolling his eyes.

"No really Luke. Thank you and I'm sorry for being so stupid,"

He shook his head, laughing a little. "You are stupid if you think I did it for you. Actually I didn't have a choice. My girlfriend would have killed me if I didn't," He winked at me, with a playful grin on his face.

"Ouch," I rolled my eyes.

"What did you just say?" I turned in Jessica's direction who was sitting beside him, her eyes narrowed.