Recall

Chapter Thirty One - Recall

Tori's POV

"Dan please. You just have to be my partner for one evening," I pleaded again.

"No Tori. I told you I have to work an extra shift to pay the bills off," He said and started walking in the other direction.

He entered the gym and was walking on the sides of the pool, me following behind him.

"Please?" I said.

He paused and turned to me.

"Why don't you find someone else to be your partner?" He sighed.

"Because no one is as good as you," I replied hoping he would agree to be my partner at The Dance after hearing this.

He raised his brow for a moment. "Not even the guys in the basket ball team?"

I sighed.

"Why not ask the hotties of the school when you are crushing on one of them ever since I've known you?"

"Because they are popular and I am not," I said.

He frowned.

"I'm sure each of them have picked someone from the cheer leading team anyway," I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I can't," Dan said.

"Please Dan. I can give you the money for rent. I've saved some of my pocket money. Please,"

"I can't just take the money from you," He argued back.

"Okay how about I lend you the money? You can return it later. Happy?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I'd like to earn for myself. Got to prove a few things," I watched as his eyes stared nothing but thin air and as if he was remembering something, his fist clenched.

"Dan are you okay?"

He blinked and nodded. "I gotta go. Good luck in finding a partner," He said and left.

I looked around the empty room and decided to leave.

Ugh!

Now where do I get a partner from?

I stomped my foot and started for the exit but something caught under my foot, making me lose my balance as I watched the huge pool infront of me.

'Not in the pool please' I begged.

Splash

Water surrounded me as I shut my eyes. I resurfaced and tried to grab the edge but found myself floating away, towards the middle.

'This is it! I'm gonna die,' I thought as I couldn't hold myself above the surface anymore.

'Don't breath Tori,' My brain warned.

Just when I couldn't hold anymore and was going to inhale, something wrapped around my waist and started pulling me towards the surface.

I opened my eyes and gasped the moment I couldn't feel any water around my face.

I was met by a rock hard chest with a muscular arm around me. I looked up to find a pair of brown eyes staring down at me.

My eyes grew wide and a blush crept it's way across my cheeks.

It was him.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded as he started towards the edge and soon I was out of the pool, standing infront of him. While he ran his hand through his wet hair, I took this time to notice him. He was wearing a white T-shirt and denims. His T-shirt was now soaked wet, outlining his muscular, well sculpted body.