Drivin' You Home

Chapter Twenty Eight - Drivin' You Home

Tori's POV

I got into my pink knee length dress and put my sandals on. I didn't want to be overdressed in a party where I hardly knew the host. I apllied some lip gloss to my lips and gave a last glance in the mirror before walking downstairs.

Jessica was waiting for me in the hall.

"Ready?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Though I still feel uninvited," I said, having second thoughts about going.

She rolled her eyes. "C'mon," She said as she walked out of the front door, with me following behind her.

"Have fun girls. Bye" Aunt called from behind.

"Bye," We both said.

The ride to Daniel guy's house went silent as Jessica kept humming a song being played on the radio, while I kept thinking what I had to say to Aiden.

The car stopped in a parking lot.

"So this guy lives in an apartment or something?" I asked.

"More like a penthouse," She smirked.

"Oh,"

I stepped out of the car and we walked towards the elevators in the parking area.

Jessica pressed the button with 25 written on it.

'You've got to be kidding me,' I thought as I felt my heart sinking with the elevator rising up.

The doors opened and we stepped out, as a wave of alcohol air hit my nose and the loud music was bursting through my ears and I just wanted to get back in the elevator and wait for Jessica in the car.

I sighed as we walked into the penthouse, filled with teenagers dancing to the music, disco lights scattered around the room and a small bar situated in the corner. There were four couches facing each other in the other corner, with a small table between them.

'For a sitcom?' I raised a brow.

I looked around for someone.

"I'm just gonna go look for Luke and others," I heard Jessica call from behind.

"I'll come with-" I turned but she was already gone.

I sighed.

I looked around the dim room, trying to look for a familiar face but I guess it was just impossible.

I went towards the couches and sat on the one facing the wall.

I felt someone come and sit beside me. I tried to study the person from the corner of my eyes but obviously failed as the lights were too dim. I finally looked and found a complete stranger looking at me.

"Hi," He gave me a toothy grin.

"Hi," I said back.

'Creepy guy,' My brain said the rest of the part.

"Care for a dance?"

My eyes grew wide for a second before I gave him a smile. "Uhh I'm waiting for someone," I lied.

"Okay but I'm not taking you out of this place. Just a dance," He tried again.

I can't just dance with a stranger.

"Uhh," I thought of something but before I could say anything, the guy looked somewhere behind me, shrugged, got up and left without a word, while I just looked at his departing figure in confusion.