In The Town (Part 1)

Chapter Forty - In The Town (Part 1)

Tori's POV

I smiled at the warmth and snuggled closer. I was asleep in the tent and the sound of the birds chirping were enough to bring my senses back. I breathed in the amazing scent.

Hmm! Must be the woods.

How could I ever miss something so amazing just because I was scared of some stupid psycho killer in the woods?

"Shh careful. Don't wake her up," I heard Jess whispering.

I wanted to tell her I was awake but too sleepy to answer. Suddenly I felt a movement. My source of warmth was moving. Wait! I was moving too.

Tent wasn't supposed to move. Or the ground on which I was sleeping for that matter.

Thats when I felt arms carrying me, I peered above, finding my head on a chest, my source of warmth.

I opened my eyes. What was happening?

I looked up to see Aiden looking ahead. He looked down at me and grinned. "Hey sleepyhead,"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Where was he taking me?

I looked back and could see Jessica following us, with a mischievious grin on her face.

"Whats happening?" I mumbled as I covered my eyes because of the sunlight seeping in through the branches of the trees.

"We're just waking you up," Jess said.

"Huh?" I looked up at Aiden and then, I looked around at the path where we were heading. My eyes grew wide.

"No not the lake please," I screamed and I heard Jess laughing from behind.

"Aiden please," I shouted but it was useless as I heard Jess laughing and soon I could hear the splashing of water and the laughter of others. "They're here," Dylan laughed and I looked back at everyone in the water, having fun.

"Put me down," I shouted again.

"So you can run back to camp?" Jess said from behind and I scowled.

Aiden lowered a bit to throw me into water but I threw my arms around his neck in a tight grip. "I'm not leaving you," I announced.

"Right. I won't let you," He let out a laugh as he jumped into the lake with me and brought me up on the surface in no time. I rubbed my eyes and glared at him. "You are such a douchebag,"

I hit him on his chest as he laughed. We stayed on the shallow end so I didn't have to scream for my life after every few seconds. After enjoying in the water, all of us left for the camp. I opened the duffel bag and realized that we only had chips.

"I can't eat these anymore," I sighed.

"Its alright. We're just leaving anyway. We'll stop somewhere in the town," Jessica said as we all started packing our things and lastly, we removed the tents and started for the cars. Gosh! It was so much fun here!

Jessica, Luke and Daniel took one car while me, Aiden and Dylan took the other one. "Any progress you two?" Dylan asked from the backseat. I turned around to look at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He shrugged. "You two?" At this Aiden turned around too. "Yep," He said and started the engine.

"Is that supposed to mean that you guys are officially dating now?"

I opened my mouth to say yes but Aiden beat me to it. "Maybe," He shrugged, looking at the road ahead while I was a bit taken aback. Maybe?

He was so weird after that kiss last night and now, he was not sure about us. What if he realized that I am not that good for him? I can't believe I'm thinking all this!