The Past Is In The Past

Chapter Thirty Two - The Past Is In The Past

Tori's POV

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"In the water," He stated.

I frowned. We were on a beach party and Ethan decided to bring me along, knowing that it would bore the shit out of me.

"So you will just leave me here?" I asked.

"But there's the real party," He pointed towards the sea, where I saw a few teenagers playing and surfing in the water. I looked around and then my eyes landed on a particular neon pink bikini and my eyes narrowed.

Megan!

"Yeah there's the real party," I scowled. Who the hell wears a neon bikini in daylight?

Ethan followed my gaze and sighed. "Fine I'll just sit here with you," He snapped and sat down on the sand.

I rolled my eyes. "Look I didn't mean it for you to stay here with me. I just don't want her around you. But I guess I'll be fine if you don't pay attention to her. You can go," I said.

He looked up at me with a teasing smile. "So I can go?"

I nodded. He got up, hugged me and went into the water, while I just sighed and sat on the soft sand.

The sun was literally burning me and I realised that my sun screen must be fading. I fished it out of my handbag and starting applying it on my legs and arms.

I pulled on my shades and rested back in the sun.

After a few minutes I opened my eyes and looked around for Ethan. A glimpse of neon caught my eye and I saw Ethan pinned to her in the water, as they swam with each other at the shallow end.

I removed my shades in alarm, as if that would have made a difference.

Ethan's arm was around her, helping her swim back to the shore, and she had clunged onto his shoulders, like her life depended on it.

I narrowed my eyes as he brought her on the shore and helped her stand up. I walked in their direction.

"Thanks Ethan," I heard her say in her honey laced voice.

"Not a problem," He smiled and looked up at me. I crossed my arms over my chest. He seemed to sigh.

Megan turned around and smirked, before she left us alone.

I turned to Ethan. "She suddenly got a sun stroke and was drowning. I was just help-"

"I'm going home," I snapped, cutting him off, and without waiting for his reply, I started walking in the opposite direction.

"Tori. You saw what happened. How could I just let her drown?"

"If you would have let her drown, you would have seen the truth. Don't you understand? It was an act. She couldn't really have let herself drown," I said as I kept walking away from him.

"I don't think it was an act,"

"Yeah because you are too stupid to understand it," I snapped and he stopped following me. I took a cab and went home.

"Tori?"

I snapped out of my thoughts at Jessica's voice.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing at all," I smiled.

"You are acting so weird since morning. What exactly happened last night?" She asked.