The Return

Chapter Eighteen - The Return

Tori's POV

I walked infront of the mirror and examined my face. Now I looked better than I looked in the morning. The dark patches under my eyes were now almost gone.

It was now evening and I had just woke up from a long nap. After I had come back from school, I decided to sleep for sometime.

Now when I felt better, I decided to go downstairs.

Jessica and Aunt were watching TV. Without disturbing them, I decided to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

After drinking water, I got back to the hall.

"Hey sleepyhead," Jessica greeted.

I narrowed my eyes. "Hey Jess,"

"Come and watch TV with us Tori," Aunt said.

"No Aunt I've got to do a lot pf homework," I said rolling my eyes.

"I finished my homework when you were snoring," Jessica stuck out her tongue at me.

My jaw dropped. "I. Do. Not. Snore," I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh yes you do. So loudly that I could hear the noises back into my room," She said.

I scowled. "You," I pointed my finger in her direction.

Aunt immediately got up from the couch amd came between us. "Girls please," She stopped us.

"Grow up," She frowned at both of us.

I withdrew my finger and let out a nervous laugh.

Then Jessica also laughed.

We three stared at each other for a second and then all of us burst out laughing.

"Okay fine I'm going to my room to do the homework," I raised up my hands in surrender.

Before I could take the first step of the stair, I stopped. "And I do not snore," I said and without waiting for any response went to my room.

I sat on my study chair and opened my notebooks. That's when I remembered about my phone.

I picked it up from my bed and checked it.

'3 missed calls'

I checked the contact. It displayed 'unknown'. I shrugged and kept my phone on silent mode and started doing my homework.

**

After having my breakfast, I drove Jessica's car to the school.

She and Luke were going on a date today so they both were skipping school. The surprising thing was Aunt allowed her to skip school to go on a date with him!

Ha!

After talking to Aunt the other night, I shouldn't be surprised by this.

I reached school and went straight to my class.

Before the teacher entered the class, I placed my notebook above the big bundle of notebooks kept on the teacher's table.

I was already late for the class and I was glad that the teacher wasn't here yet. There were hardly fifteen minutes left for her class to end!

Yay!

The feeling of submitting any homework on time was probably the best feeling ever. A hand came and placed a notebook just above mine.

Without looking above, I could recognize who that musculur arm belonged to.

"Hey Aiden," I smiled.