Back Again

Chapter Forty Two - Back Again

Tori's POV

I went back to the room and found Jess sitting on the bed while Luke was taking the coffee mug back from her.

"Glad you are up. We should be leaving now," I said.

She blinked at me. "And I thought you handled alcohol funnily,"

"She does Jess. You all do actually," Luke said and Jessica wiped a fake tear off her cheek. "Come on. We're leaving," Luke said and got up.

I went downstairs and spotted Zac. He looked up at me and started walking in my direction. "Glad you took my advice seriously,"

I blinked at him in confusion but finally remembered his advice of getting drunk and let out a laugh. "That,"

"And this," He handed me a piece of paper and I looked down at it.

"Just in case you miss me too much," He shrugged and I unfolded the paper to find a number written on it. I grinned at him and dialled his number with my phone. He fished his phone out of his pocket and a side grin appeared on his face.

"Incase you miss me too," I shrugged and he let out a laugh, holding his hand out for a handshake. Instead I just gave him a friendly side hug and said goodbye.

******

"Do you really have to go?" Jake asked as he entered my room. I folded the last piece of clothing and placed it in my bag. After that really tiring road trip, me and Jess spent most of the time with my family while the guys either came here to watch movies or they just checked the place out. I don't know what happened to Megan, if Aiden met her after that or not, but we weren't making any long conversations or discussing about our 'relationship status'. Maybe, he just wanted to give me time with my family without any drama.

"Yes Jake,"

I heard him sigh as he walked up to me. "You will come back, right?" I stopped and looked down at him.

"What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Mom was crying last night,"

My eyes grew wide. "What? Why?"

"Well she told me not to tell you but..." He trailed off.

I narrowed my eyes. "Really? I think you already told me. Now spill the beans Hudson,"

He looked around the room and finally towards the door, checking if anyone was there. "She thinks you are not going to come back. You know like if you get in a college there and obviously end up getting a job there, you won't come back. She thinks this is the last time she will see you while you are still a teen,"

I took a deep breath. Mom really told him all that?

"So..." He trailed off.

"What?"

"Are you coming back?" He asked hopefully.

I stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Uh ofcourse," His face lit up.

"Really?" He gave me a big smile.

"Yes," I smiled at him as he hopped off my bed and ran towards the door but turned around. "Mom doesn't have to cry anymore. Thanks Tori. And tomorrow when you leave, say goodbye to all the guys on my behalf. Don't wanna sense any resentement,"

"Woah you've been learning some big words huh?" I laughed as he grinned at me and left.

Once the door was shut, I sighed and dozed off.