Chapter 12 - Orientation

"Here is the living room, where all of us usually hang out when we are not doing missions. Right behind it is the kitchen; unfortunately, we do not have a personal chef so, we usually cook for our selfs with out assigned duties."

Aliyah nodded as she listened to Cathy describe everything through the tour.

To say, she was ready to go home would be an understatement. It was 6pm, she just arrived from teaching and now she had to "explore" and "train" for an orientation process that she did not sign up for.

Goodie.

What felt like hours, they were finally finished with the personal tour. Throughout the whole thing, she still did not cross paths with Getty.

She knew he was informed of her arrival however, Aliyah did not know whether or not he was avoiding her or did not remember who she was.

She guessed she did not beat him bad enough for her to be so easily forgotten.

"Are we finally getting to the training or are we waiting on something else?" Aliyah asked, looking at Cathy nonchalantly.

She smiled in reasoned at her. Aliyah expected for this group to be more.. hardcore and emotionless from tracking evil beings for a living but, it seems she was being too judgmental.

"Yes, you have not met Alpha Getty yet! He should be on his way from a meeting."

Hmm, it seems like he did not remember since he hasn't been on a rampage yet.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

It seems she spoke too soon.

Turning around, Aliyah looked looked over Getty's raging face. Placing her right hand over her heart, she feigned a hurt look.

"Is that the way to speak to a friend Getty?"

He growled in response, "We are not friends."

Aliyah tilted her head to the side, "Really? From what I remember, we were quite close."

He glared in response. "What. Are. You. Doing. Here?"

"I assume, you know- well, being who you are, I guess not."

Growling, he took a step forwards towards her. Before he could get any closer, Cathy stepped in front of her.

"Uh, Alpha... We have training to do."

In that instant, he snapped out of his rage and took a step back.

Aliyah was impressed. The last time they encountered each other, he was a hot headed pup with an ego that could fit the both of them.

"Fine," he spat out. "Take her to the training grounds." Looking at Aliyah once more, he sent her a glare before speaking. "When you are finish, come to my office. We have a lot to discuss."

She saluted in response, walking away before Getty could respond. She heard him growl once more but did not follow them.

"That was.. interesting," Cathy spoke, looking at her from the corner of her eye before staring straight ahead.

She shrugged in response, not collaborating on anything. Regardless of her situation, these creatures were strangers and she did not trust any of them.

"So... you are a cat?"

A hiss escaped her lips. "Cat would be subjective to a house cat who is far less inferior that I. We prefer feline."

There was a moment of silence before Cathy replied. "...Okay?"

We walked for several minutes until Aliyah could hear the sound of grunting in the distance. Once the trees dispersed, she was able to see a large group of people fighting hand to hand combat.

Some were doing dramatic flips and soaring across the sky like they were the main character in anime.

Lifting a brow, Aliyah continued watching everyone dance to their own beat. Using their momentum to subdue their opponent just enough to slow them down not knock them out.

"Formation!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and immediately lined up.

Turning around, she saw the one and only Dick behind her. He did not spare her a glance as he walked towards the group.

"We have a new member in Team Alpha. She comes from the clan of felines and will be helping us solve our current case."

Dick, looked towards Aliyah before gesturing towards her to come forward.

She did not like being told what to do however, she will let it go for now. She did not want to be on everyone's bad side in the first day.

"This is Aliyah, Aliyah this is the team. You have already been introduced to Team Alpha yesterday." He pointed in front of us to a huddles group of seven. "This is team Beta. They specialize in tracking."

He then pointed towards two of the same number of people to the right. "They are Delta and Theta; they specialize in gathering information."

Finally, he pointed to the largest group of twelve that were a little behind the rest. "And that is Team Omega; they are our snipers and back up in case something goes haywire."

"And what does your team do?" Aliyah asked glancing up at his tall frame.

Dick spared her a glance before looking forward again. "We specialize in retrieving."

Aliyah raised a brow before scoffing in disbelief. "Retrieving? That is it?" She asked with a laugh.

He glared at her in response before responding snippily, "Out job is not a game Aliyah. We are the ones who have to enter into dangerous situations; not knowing whether or not it is a trap. We have to retrieve criminals from different species around the world who are sometimes stronger, faster and smarter than us. We risk our lives knowing that some of us will not make it out alive but, we do it to keep the supers safe."

Aliyah kind of felt bad. She was being childish and bratty. It was not his or anyone's fault that she was in this situation. She decided to save that little girl and get herself into this mess.

She could have minded her business and pretended none of this existed. She could have pretended to continue being human.

However, unfortunately she is not and it was high time she started acting like it.

She was an elder. A very powerful elder who has brought respect and fear to species without them even knowing who she was.

What was done is done and now, she need to be who she hid for so long.

She has to be Naijima; The Feline of Judgement.

***

A/N: Just a filler chapter. Tell me what you guys think and any suggestions on names; I am running out of ideas lol.