Chapter 25 - Guilt & Forgiveness

A/N: If you guys are wondering why I haven't been uploading as often, it is because I am in my final year of university. So, I will upload as much as I can however, I do not know if it will be every week.

••••

"Are you sure you want to do this today?" Chang asked, looking at her worriedly. Aliyah nodded in response.

"Yes, I should get it over with."

"But you're still recovering, don't you feel any pain?"

Aliyah waved him off. "It is nothing I can not handle, do not worry Chang." He looked at her like he did not believe her however, Chang did not say a word. She understood why he would be worried. Aliyah still looked like she barely escaped death and was a sight for sore eyes.

They entered into the building before heading towards the training grounds. It only to a few minutes since Aliyah was quite familiar with the layout now. Once entering, she was greeted with supers fighting in human form and their felines.

Aliyah looked around for the people Chang recommended, before catching them from the corner of her eye. She watched as they attacked one another and skillfully dodge punches and kicks from each other.

A slender woman with just the right amount of muscle on her tall frame, fazed before turning into a spotted panther with a roar. The black fur matched her hair perfectly and the short cut of the felines fur, resembled the woman's hair tremendously.

The woman charged towards another woman with tresses as long as Rapunzel. Her forest eyes glared in concentration as she dodged the panthers attack.

Twisting around, she unsheathed a sword from her back before slicing the air towards the panthers distraction. In just an amount of time, the panthers dodge the swipe with only a millisecond away from her neck.

Aliyah looked towards the others to see two males of identical feature spare together. Their moves were like thunder and lighting; they fought the same and yet was so different. Every move one did, it was like the other already knew and dodge it vise versa.

It was a sight to see.

Aliyah felt delighted as she looked at her kind fight so magnificently. She could honestly say that she felt proud. It was good to know that, they kept going after she left them. She continued watching her new team fight however, not before noticing people staring at her in wonder.

Ignoring the stares, she made her way over to her new exam. As she came closer, they stopped fighting before turning to her. Aliyah smiled at their serious faces. It looked like they were just being recruited for the military by the way they stood.

"Well, being impressed would be an understatement. It is nice to know I have such an accomplished team."

She looked over their smiling faces before introducing herself. Aliyah informed them of her situation with the Enforcers and wanted to know if they would like to be her new team.

The girls clapped excitedly and the guys had honored looks on their faces. Aliyah could not wait to be with her new team however, she was slightly skeptical since her old team was a wreck and did not want what happened with them to happen with this one.

She hoped they will excerpts her expectations and was thankful that Chang was going to be by her side along the way.

Aliyah never felt so connected to someone before, not even her "sisters". Chang was quickly becoming an important factor in her life and was happy she could call him a friend.

After the introductions, Aliyah learned their names were; Lillian, Susie, Frankie and Henry.

Lillian was from Spain however, her parents were Indonesian and they migrated to Spain when she was two. Her brown, almost black tresses almost reached her ankles and her piercing almost black eyes could stare into someone's soul.