Chapter 17 - Home

Instantly, the lake house turned into a place Aliyah thought she would never see again without her realizing.

She was home.

The walls were glazed in gold stripes, the floor was the same. Diamonds in crested into the walls, making everything shimmer beautifully.

Aliyah spread her arms, realizing she was laying down in her bed. The fluffy surface was uncomfortable as the hot heat reached her skin.

Looking down at herself, she was dressed in a wrapped top that only covered her breasts and a matching skirt. She was bedazzled in jewels; from diamonds, pearls and rubies alike.

Lifting herself up in a sitting position on top of the bed, she looked around her room.

Was it all a dream?

"Honey? Are you up?! Breakfast is ready, I made your favorite!"

Aliyah could not breathe.

Hopping up, she ran into the kitchen to see him. His back glistened from the perspiration. Muscles big and wide, almost unaccommodating to the small space.

She watched as he scooped shahan ful in a bowl with bread on the side.

Her favorite breakfast.

He looked back at her before giving her a dazzling smile.

Aliyah was mesmerized.

Before she could say anything, he spoke. "Well, are you going to sit my love? Your breakfast will get cold."

Aliyah did as he said, continuing to stare at him as she does it. Trying to memorize his face.

This can not be real.

Could it?

He placed the food in front of her before leaning forward to place a kiss on her forehead.

"Eat," he spoke.

His voice could still send chills down her spine. It was like honey; smooth and rich.

Aliyah swallowed, holding back the tears that were forcing their way out. Instead of becoming a blubbering mess, she grabbed the spoon he laid out for her, scooped a spoonful of food and placed it in her mouth.

Flavors burst into her mouth as she chewed. Immediately, tears flowed down her face. A sob escaped her as she fed herself another spoonful.

"Kabogoh abdi, tell me why are you crying? Tell me so I can fix it."

With his words, Aliyah cried harder. Dropping her spoon into the bowl, she turned towards him and jumped into his awaiting arms.

"Shush now, I am here."

He cooed into her ears, muttering his love for her as she cried her heart out, grasping him tightly, afraid that if she let go, he would be gone.

His strong, comforting arms wrapped around her like a safety net.

He felt so familiar.

So comforting.

He even smelt as sweet and clearly as she remembered.

She had to be dreaming.

Once her tears and hiccups stopped, she backed away from his arms slightly to look at his face.