Chapter 18 - Too Good To Be True

Aliyah felt strangely weak once she came to. Cracking her eyes opened, a blistering headache formed as the light shined through.

She groaned as she held her head in her hands.

What was wrong with her? It had only been a few hours and she felt like she was dying.

Aliyah groaned as she gotten out of the bed. The clock beside her informed her of it being mid-afternoon.

She stretched her arms up, feeling the satisfying crack before she started looking for her love.

It took only a moment to find him tending the garden. She watched him for a while before he noticed her and dropping picking weeds.

"You are awake, how did you sleep?" He asked. Aliyah walked to him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"It was amazing, I have not rested that well in a while."

"Well, I am happy to be of service," he smirked.

Aliyah rolled her eyes before gesturing him away. "You could never garden properly," she spoke as she took the weed rake away from him.

"You never want to go too deep since it would ruin the soil. Instead you soften the surface and put fertilizer in between. Water it and let it sit to create its own ecosystem."

"You look so beautiful with a rake in your hand and sweat running down your face."

"Bahaha!" Aliyah could not help but laugh.

Once finishing, she gave him the rake with a smile. However, it did not last as the headache became almost unbearable making Aliyah drop to her knees.

"Aliyah, what is wrong?!" He yelled concerned, getting on his knees and placing a hand on her shoulder. Suddenly, it stopped and everything seemed back to normal.

"I am okay," she spoke breathing in a ragged breath. Aliyah placed her hand in his awaiting one before he pulled her up to her feet.

"Come on, let's get you inside."

Aliyah was hearing what he was saying however, she could only focus on what he said.

Once they made it into their home, he helped Aliyah sit on the sofa before going into the kitchen to get her some water.

A moment later, he came back in and handed her the opened water bottle.

"Drink," he said.

Instead, she placed the bottle on the table.

He gave her a look of concern, "What is the matter, my love?"

Aliyah stared at him, watching every movement he made. "What did you call me?" She asked.

His brows crinkled in confusion, "I called you my love. Honey, are you okay? Do you need to rest again?"

Aliyah shook her head as she scanned his face before replying, "No, what did you call me outside?"

There was a brief pause before he replied. Aliyah was staring in his eyes and did not miss the brief flicker.

"I called you Aliyah, that is your name is it not, kabogoh adbi?"

Her heart was silently breaking as tears streamed down her face. Her mouth opened to speak however, not a sound escaped.

She watched as he went down to his knees in front of her, grabbing her hands and she felt sick.

"Kabogoh adbi, what is the matter? Why are you crying?"

A hiccup escaped her mouth as she tried to control herself.