🎵36🎵

Flashback♬
.
..
...
....
.....

Pear tree blossoms flourished in the courtyard, falling everywhere on the ground, on the snow that was yet to melt, blending together at first glance. The petals were blown around the yard leisurely by the wind.

Xiaojun entered a house and greeted a middle aged woman. she looked delighted with his presence. her hands were busy with houseworks. yet she walked to the stairs and shouted to the room above, "Eunji, dejun is here!". She was instantly replied with another bright tone, "Coming!"

Without his notice, two young teenagers ran infront of him. It surprised him that they havent  noticed their favourite person standing there yet. one of them shouted to the other, "give me back my bubble gum!" while being chased by him, the other replied "finders, keeper!". they caused a mess in the living room.

he gave up on getting their attention. It shifted when he noticed a girl walking down the stairs. she was the person he waited everyday to meet with, eunji. she seemed to have a cheerful mood from the morning.
but it soon died down when she noticed her siblings running around the house. she shouted at them, "Renjun, Chenle cant you see we have guest here!"

They halted and ran over to Xiaojun. they wrapped him around, "bro, play with us, i brought the latest video game-." renjun demanded. but eunji was quick enought to drag him away. "some other day, bye-."

They entered her room and closed the door behind.  he again looked around the room he visited only two days ago. there were posters of celebrities on the wall. "some of them are missing." the other replied while using her phone, "yeah, im making space for the new ones."

"why did you call me so early today?" Xiaojun didnt beat around the bush and asked. it got the other quite surprised. she wasnt expecting it in next few hours, "well-...actually....I." she glanced to find him still waiting for her answer.

"okay, I'll just say it-" her last word got his hopes up. he couldnt think out what the next word would be. deep inside he wanted her to like him back but it only faded away like a fake hope. "just say it eunji."

"There's this person i like. Its his birthday soon so, I want to confess my feelings to him. but he isnt that easy to reach out...so i was wondering if you could help me with a surprise plan."

"..."

"I knew it! I knew you would'nt help me! why did i even try! I should've asked winwin instead!" she fliped her hair in anger.

"who's 'he'?" he asked while staring somewhere else. the look of dissappointment was too odvious on his face. 'what did i even expect from her...'

"he's a senior of mine. so you helping or not?" with having no answer in return, she picked up her phone, "great, i'll just call-." she was stopped with the other's confirmation, "fine. what do you want me to do?"
.
.
.
.
.
      ——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——
.
.
.
.
.

When Eunji and Xiaojun were done with their work, they stepped backward for a better look. tables were pushed in the corner. the room was decorated with ballongs and banners on the wall. "Isnt it an odd place for birthday surprise, a mere classroom!"

his letdown didnt bring any difference in eunji's expression. she looked happy and nervous at the same time "Its where we first met." the other turned around and stared at her for a while, "you really take him this seriously, what if he rejects you?" a silence fell between. she mustn't have thought that far.

"Im kidding. who wouldnt like you, he has to be a fool to do that." he caressed her cheeks. it brought a light of hope in her face. she smiled lightly but it was soon replaced with nervousness, "how do i look?" she twirled around to give him a better view.

"Beautiful."
.
.
.
.
.

    ——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——
.
.
.
.
.

Xiaojun entered his room and slammed the door behind. he couldnt bring himself to walk any further. he fell infront of the door and clutched his fist. eunji's last smile flashing in front of him, a tightness built up in his chest.

he began to recall all the past memories with her. he didnt even take notice when he started to have feelings for his best friend. but it soon came to a point where he couldnt stay a moment without her.

and now, he had to give up because he's too late. someone else was in her heart. he thought to himself, even if it meant to leave her, he would do it to make her happy.
.
.
.
.
.
     ——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——
.
.
.
.
.

later that night, he picked up his phone and texted her. there was no response after. hour passed but there were still no reply. he began to worry if it went how he predicted. his phone rang up and he picked it up at once.

【how did it go?】

【I was rejected.】

【...Should I come over?】

【Dont bother. Im fine.】

✘next day✘

【should we meet up?】

【Im busy today.
some other time.】

✘next day✘

【Im at your house. where are you? your mom's worried for you.】

【...I wont be be back before midnight. dont wait for me】

.
.

conversations went from text messages to few greetings in a day. soon there were no calls or encounters. she was often missing from her house. she interacted with her friends less and less. xiaojun wondered if it was that day that changed everything. soon later, he met up with winwin.

"Is there something wrong between you and Eunji? you two looked distant today." the other refused to answer and sat silent. "other days it becomes pretty wild when you two are around."

"I like her....I like eunji." winwin's silence wasnt for being surprise but to give the other a break. after it, he asked away, "since when?"

"I dont know..."

"Is this the reason she's avoiding you?"

"No, i havent said anything yet. she changed after the day i helped her with confessing to a guy she liked... he rejected her. I wanna beat that idiot to death but i dont even know his name."

"She's hard to reach these days. i dont think a rejection can take its rightful reason. we need to figure out what got her so busy."

      ——♬ —— ——♬ —— ——♬ ——