🎵22🎵

The next week, when y/n entered school, she felt glare around her. In the fields or in the halls, everyone was judging her. They gave her disgusted looks. Some even said bad words behind her back. she could hear it all. but what was the reason? not long after she arrived in class, she noticed most of the students were using their phones while they looked at her in disgust.

she also received a notification as a member of the group chat. her hands were shaking when she opened to see it. the top post was filled with her pictures. Not just her. most of them were with hendery and winwin. one of the highlights was with Ten. Next to them they had more pictures with some random guys she didn't even recognize. 'What could be so bad about it?'.

She slides to the comment section. thats when everything began to make sense. people in the comment section werent so okay with her hanging out with so many guys. They all sweared and cursed at her. some even brought up how she tried to steal 'poor' grace's boyfriend. They called her slut, attention seeker and many more horrible words.

Who knew she had grown up with only two guy friends around her. she was so used to hanging out with boys that she forgot other people might not take it that way.

The class went on. no one dared to cause anymore trouble to her in the presence of the teacher. next class was library.

Sicheng also happened to attend that class. As they took their seats, he walked towards y/n. "Can I sit with you?" she freezed. surprised by how it was the first time he ever reached out to her. usually he tries to avoid her but now  "Of course."

The glaring and whispers increased further. She could barely focus on the book she wanted to read. It wasnt a library class anymore as the whispers became more audible.

At last, sicheng slammed his book on the table. everyone turned to him. once he got the whole class's attention, he shouted "Cant you all mind your own business for once!". the room went quiet. no one else could gather anymore courage to talk against.

y/n felt thankful to him for the second time in her life. perhaps sitting next to him wasnt that bad idea. but something turned up in her mind. If sicheng knew about the pictures...ten did too. her head began to spin from overthinking. 'how will he react to it....will he look down on me too...?'

When she was lost in her thought, a girl pulled up the chair in front of them and sat facing y/n. It was a familliar face to her. but the person couldnt think the same. she stared at her with a confused look, "have we met before? You look quiet familliar..."

She was that 'weird' neightbour of her. anyother person would have forgotten their meeting that happened less than a minute. but y/n didnt, since she often saw her from the room's window. "We did. I live right next to you."

"really...? no wonder." she jumped up in excitement "hey! Im Onda. nice to meet you again." she reached out her hand to shake. when the other leaned ahead, she retreated, "too slow."

sicheng looked disturbed with the visitor's presence. but he could rest assure that y/n wouldnt be bothered anymore. he picked up his book and shifted to different seat. his movement caught the other two's attention. "sorry about that..."

"i remember him from the pictures.you two look close. the way he stood up for you-" the sudden brought up of those picture shrunken the other. 

"dont worry about that. I dont even care about those. I believe its normal to have guys as 'friends'." onda's words were calming her. but she still worried about how the others would react.

"hey, since we're neightbours, let's walk home together after school, wait for me. "

"yeah...sure."

"Okay then. See ya~" when she left,
y/n let out a deep sigh, "that was a lot of talk in the library."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

after school, Hendery was the first to meet y/n. he looked worried for her. It was a side that could be barely seen since he was the type of person who would smile to ease others pain. but this time, he looked extremely worried and anxious.

"you okay...?" he asked calmly. y/n simply nodded. "Im sorry about everything. I'm sure it has to do something with me."

"No it's not. dont blame yourself for something you havent done.", she felt displeased with his way of thinking. sicheng went to them and stood behind without saying anything.

"winwin told me...it was Ava who took those picture of yours. I shouldnt have let her do it." everything started to make sense. there were no doubt that it was ava's doing. of course she tried to take revenge from her as the reason of their separation. what pained her was that hendery thought of himself responsible for everything. which was surely not the case. but nothing could change his mind at that moment.

While they were heading back home, y/n went quiet while losing her mind with overthinking. she thought, the situation could've taken a lot worse turn if it wasnt for her friends protecting her. onda snapped her fingers infront of the others face and brought her back to reality. "so tell me, why do they bother you so much?"

"I may have been the cause of their life hanging decision."

"Thats a strong reason for sure.

.
.
.
.
.
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
.
.
.
.
.

Xiaojun pulled open the door and entered. He didnt expect anyone as always but someone surprised him. It was the person very he hoped to see. "Im glad you accepted my offer."

y/n didnt bother to look at him and continued with her work, "dont read too much into it. the place I applied for was too far from here." he still smiled at her.

"I need to pick up some things from the backroom. Do you want to help me?" before y/n could response, he stared at her in puppy eyes. "what made you think im gonna- gosh! do it on your own."

"It'll be quite heavy though~"

"Fine!" once they have completed the work of the store, they decided to stand in their positions and welcome customers. XJ , however, looked distracted.

"we'll be seeing each other a lot from now on."